We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director to help manage our Heart & Stroke Walk campaign within our Oregon & Southwest Washington Division The Heart & Stroke Walk is the AHA's premier event for raising funds to save lives from this country's No. 1 and No. 5 killers – heart disease and stroke.
Under supervision of our Senior Director, you will be responsible for achieving an overall team fundraising goal of $1M through selling corporate sponsorships, working with corporate leaders, managing corporate and community teams and generating participant income.
This campaign includes execution of two walk events taking place in Portland and Vancouver.You will be based in our Portland office.
Additional key responsibilities include:
- Ongoing identification, recruitment and activation of an influential, financially strong and inclusive volunteer leadership base to support the campaign.
- Leading effective engagement strategies for team captains and walkers.
- Ongoing management of corporate sponsorship accounts and community involvement.
- Managing peer-to-peer fundraising in participating Heart Walk companies to help achieve revenue goals.
- Ongoing management, implementation and evaluation of events and activities within Heart Walk campaign.
- Development of year-round pipelines and cultivation plans for corporate accounts.
- Active community networking and outreach through 10+ face-to-face meetings on weekly basis with donors, volunteers and sponsor prospects.
- Management of timely communication with the Senior Business Development Director, Executive Director and internal and external customers.
- Minimum two years' successful experience in fundraising, sales or marketing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to recruit, train and manage volunteers
- Ability to delegate and accomplish goals through volunteers
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends on occasion
- Experience managing and cultivating high-level leaders at the c-suite level
- Knowledge of corporate and community networks
- Knowledge of AHA's mission and programs