Business Development Director, eDiscovery
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
The FTI Consulting Technology practice offers clients a comprehensive portfolio of eDiscovery software, services and consulting support to help them streamline processes that are often reactive and risk-prone. This helps them control the risk and expense of eDiscovery events more confidently. Our team of global professionals and industry leaders includes eDiscovery experts, software developers, and forensic specialists who are experienced in many of the largest eDiscovery matters of the past decade. We work directly with corporations and their law firms on the front lines, helping them with challenges such as collection from the cloud, multinational discovery, and eDiscovery cost control.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FTI is hiring a Sales/ Business Development Director for its Technology Segment, which focuses on information governance consulting, cyber security consulting, contract analysis, electronic discovery and document review. The Sales/ Business Development Director will be tasked with identifying, pursuing and closing sales for all FTI’s product offerings and technology services. This includes, consulting services, on-demand hosted software and services, and packaged technology service offerings. The individual should have experience in consultative sales of information governance, eDiscovery solutions and/or cyber security consutling with an emphasis on sales or consulting directly to corporate legal departments. The Sales/ Business Development Director will receive a sales target for a defined region or territory and will be expected to meet or exceed quarterly and yearly revenue projections. As the owner of the business plan for their region FTI will be looking for the individual to grow the business in the region and will promote and give expanding responsibility to the individual based on that growth. PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Communicate the significant value proposition of the company’s entire portfolio. Instill confidence among clients with your personal credibility and experience and the company’s footprint in the eDiscovery space.
- Consistently qualify, generate, and execute on opportunities that provide profitable revenue to FTI.
- Consistently build an effective pipeline and execute on each phase of the sales process.
- Incorporate knowledge of our products and services, the customer, and key competitors into the sales process and use that knowledge to uncover customer needs and create value based solutions.
- Work effectively as a team member and also facilitate the sales opportunity by providing leadership and orchestrating the internal and external resources needed to effectively manage the sales process.
- Use two-sided discovery to uncover the key drivers of value for the customer and is skilled in articulating the value of our solutions and is able to clearly differentiate the company's solutions in the marketplace.
- Accurately forecast the business on a consistent basis.
- Leverage the value of our solutions in the negotiation process to drive maximum margin for the company. Establish customer relationships that enable FTI to be viewed as a trusted advisor.
- 5-10 years of success selling software and/or consultancy services.
- Minimum 3 years success selling software and/or services in the Information governance, eDiscovery or cybersecurity markets to law firms and/or corporations.
- B.S. or a B.A. college degree.
- Law degree is not mandatory but considered a plus along with experience at major law firm or corporate legal department.
- Polished executive presence with ability to interact with senior corporate lawyers and business leaders as a “consultative partner,” not a “vendor”
- Comfortable and fluent with eDiscovery technology and document review terminology.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer