Business Development Director ( Digital Technology Supercluster )
TELUS was the lead applicant for Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster that will receive significant funding to further develop Canada’s strengths in data collection, analytics and visualization technologies for diverse industries. Leveraging the capability of Canada’s world-leading broadband telecommunications networks, our Supercluster will produce innovations that have tremendous local and global impacts, including further enabling healthcare treatments and cures via precision health analytics. Our goal is to produce innovations that will be of benefit to all Canadians from coast to coast to coast, and position Canada as a global innovation leader.
Who YOU Are:
Each day, you walk into work ready to learn, grow and innovate. Source, evaluate and promote technology innovation? That’s no problem for you!
Courageously integrate initiatives by deciphering the company’s product status, roadmap, product value, and competitive differentiation? You’ve been there and done that!
At the core of your talents, is your strength to communicate and collaborate with a vast array of stakeholders including team members, C level executives and partner companies.
What YOU Do:
Are you up for the challenge?
We are looking for team members with the capability, passion, grit and drive to join our team as we embark on this journey!
As the Business Development Director, you will be responsible for leading the creation of partnerships and alliances to execute on TELUS’ Digital Technology Supercluster program. The focus will be on:
- Taking on large, complex programs, involving multiple industry partners, to tackle the largest domestic & global challenges in precision medicine, digital health and IoT (Internet of Things)
- Large strategic program implementation deliverables after hand-off from Senior Leadership
- Collaborating within the Supercluster team to drive a strategy and its evolution with multiple, high-priority programs, executed through organic development, 3rd party partners and integration activities
- Achieving success through consistency and continuous improvement of business process and practices (directing project and activities of the highest corporate wide significance and impact)
- Collaborate with industry partners to create a win/win environment within the Supercluster to jointly take on ambitious projects that will create economic growth for TELUS, British Columbia and Canada
- Engage and develop relationships with C-level business executives of target accounts to identify and quantify business problems/opportunities
- Create and Interlock business development plan(s) with appropriate sales channel and account plans to help sales channel make the connection between business problem statements and TELUS solutions
- Develop a business plan targeting market growth for a specific market segment or group of high value clients
- Market Insight through Solution Implementation and Sustainment
- Drive directly or through the responsible sales organization a strategic sales plan to support the business development focus
You're the missing piece of the puzzle…
- With over 10 years of experience in business development, mergers and acquisitions, or sales leaderships, creating re-seller agreements, developing partnerships, ecosystem building
- With a bachelor degree from an accredited university in Information Systems, Health Sciences, Business Administration or equivalent experience or education is required
- With proven experience and testimonials in establishing relationships with executive client levels
- Demonstrated competency to consistently sell consultancy to the boardroom of large accounts
- Ability to develop and manage business, sales and resource plans to achieve market growth through a matrix organization
- Ability to understand business problem statements & translate those to technology solution requirements + financial outcomes
- Excellent presentation skills.