With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the "strength within."
Hexcel is currently seeking a Business Development Director – Composite Sales for our Salt Lake City, UT, USA location. We are open to alternate locations at Hexcel sites on the West Coast.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Research and determine market/customer targets and priorities;
- Build short and long term (10 year) forecasts;
- Define product(s) and best in class service standards;
- Identify/join relevant trade associations;
- Attend conferences and promote Hexcel's products and capabilities.
- Lead a Sales team to aggressively pursue and position Hexcel products on targeted aerospace programs; product lines including honeycomb core, matrix, additive manufactured parts and bonded aerostructure assemblies
- Hands-on selling and product development at key customers;
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions;
- Establish relationships at key customers, industry influencers and strategic partners;
- Periodic forecasting, 1-24 months forward.
- Key member of a cross functional team in SLC including Product Management, Customer Service, Planning and other related Operations departments to develop and maintain competitive relevance, e.g., quotes and proposals, samples, product lead-times and general information requests;
- Directs staffing and training. Establishes performance goals and evaluations;
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budget requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical, or Materials Engineering preferred; MBA a plus.
- 10 years of experience in Aerospace Sales and Marketing.
- 5 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Experience working with key aerospace OEM's, Tier 1 and Tier 2 companies.
- Travel to customers and industry events in the Americas estimated at 50%.