The Business Development (BD) Executive will identify, capture and close opportunities to provide consulting and business services to major Hi-Tech sector clients. The BD Executive will identify and cultivate relationships and executive sponsors at the C level and will be responsible for selling a suite of opportunities in Business Process outsourcing services (F&A, HR, Supply Chain, Digital Contact Centers, Sales & Marketing Ops &Intelligent Automation) .
The annual sales quota for this position is $20MM in booking. The BD will play an integral role in the growth of the company’s global service lines in North America. This role is highly strategic and highly visible. The individual in question must be comfortable working within a matrix environment from a reporting and resource perspective.
The Business Development Executive will report to the VP & Business Services High-Tech Sector lead.
The ideal candidate should be located in the Bay area or Austin, Texas. The BD Executive will be NA focused and he/she will be assigned a multi-state territory. There is a high degree of travel associated with this role.
- Selling the aforementioned solution sets into major Hi-Tech Sector clients
- Originating and qualifying leads via cold-calling, networking, Social media, events and/or other sources and develop relationships with VP & C-Suite level executives within targeted markets and sectors
- Qualify major opportunities to be further pursued, drive consistency between Sales strategy (value messages, relationship approach, competitive differentiation) and content work managed by bid team (solution design, pricing and costing, delivery of proposal, planned project management)
- The primary focus and objective will be to develop new business and buying centers within the assigned accounts
- Develop and qualify leads into pursuits and close pursuits
- Leverage knowledge of industry trends and client challenges to develop and deliver compelling value propositions
- Lead and motivate sales pursuit teams
- Lead teams in development of project proposals, employ data gathering techniques and analysis in order to present proposed solutions to clients
- Make significant contributions to the local team and the company sales culture
- Manage client expectations throughout the sales cycle and closing process
- Develop and manage a pipeline of qualified opportunities
- Minimum of 15 years experience in selling complex Business and Outsourcing Services.
- 7-8 years of experience serving clients in the High-Tech Sector.
- Qualified candidates must have experience in developing new sales opportunities for Hi-tech industry clients, supporting the formulating of solutions for sales proposals (including pricing, scope, and schedules) and closing mid sized deals
- Comprehensive understanding of targeted industry business environments, issues and the trends affecting technology spend
- A well documented track record of achieving annual sales quotas of $ 15MM- $20MM in ABR
- Recent experience selling consulting services engagements in the $500K – $5MM range
- Qualified applicants must demonstrate a consistent ability to exceed sales targets on a YOY basis
- This is a “hunter” role and qualified candidates must provide examples of their ability to generate organic revenue growth via prospecting tools and techniques
- 8-12 reference-able relationships at the C suite, VP or decision maker level
- History of successful sales of Hi-Tech services deals across multiple BPO offerings
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with senior executives within assigned sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding presentation skills
- Ability to work in a global organizational and service delivery environment
- Demonstrated commitment to stay abreast of industry trends and technical advancements across multiple business sectors
- Ability to work in a fast paced, competitive sales culture
- Ability to travel extensively as required
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
Analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision.
Nature of Impact:
Routinely impacts quality, timeliness of results and revenues.
Developed communication skills to exchange complex information.
Negotiates internally and externally at high levels or with persons of influence frequently.