The Business Development Director is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the development of new business areas, with a focus on Mergers & Acquisitions, which complements existing pharmacy offerings.
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes pharmacy market trends, proposes new external partnership initiatives, and coordinates with the pharmacy area to implement products.
- Provides oversight and resources to key projects, including facilitation of strategic brainstorming workshops.
- Develops business plans and formulates strategies for both new and existing businesses.
- Provides research, analysis and recommendations on external mergers & acquisitions (M&A) environment as part of the development of strategic plans for the business unit.
- Analyzes major competitor strategies.
- Identifies and monitors changing patterns of competition and recommends responses.
- Plans, directs, and controls the resources and efforts of the reporting and data analysis team to accomplish the business objectives through information management.
- Obtains resources (people, funding, material, support) to support the business unit information needs and strategic initiatives.
- Provides leadership in motivating indirect subordinates to accomplish reporting and data analysis goals and objectives.
- Reports project status and progress to VP segment business and other management.
- Acts as a liaison to other BUs/companies.
- Implements product/operational changes resulting from changing legislation/regulations.
- BA/BS degree;
- 5 - 10 years of business development, management consulting within healthcare experience and/or pharmacy benefit management (PBM) industry including 5 years of progressive direct/indirect leadership responsibilities; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Masters degreepreferred.
- Experience in business development and/or mergers & acquisitions.
- Organizational, analytical, facilitation, consultation, negotiation, persuasion and project management skills required.
- PS12871 Requisition #