Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to travel 50% (typically every other week for one week) covering the territory of North America.
• Schedule meetings and optimize travel plans based on client engagement and sales potential priority.
• Reach out to prospective clients to understand their future roadmap and determine new opportunity potential.
• Follow up with existing clients to check on existing system performance and discover new project opportunities.
• Educate prospects and key accounts about PPD/VTI and collaborate on specifying the proper solution technologies in client project specification documents.
• Consult with client to clarify needs regarding scope of work, project schedule, and project specifications.
• Collaborate internally with technical services, estimating, project engineering, and production departments to ensure appropriate proposal strategy and successful execution of a project upon award.
• Update clients on product modifications and enhancements.
• Attend and effectively represent Ametek conferences and/or trade shows as assigned.
• Maintain sales forecast via judicious management of sales tracking and client management software.
• Generate and maintain expense reports for travel-related costs.
• Meet/Exceed quarterly and annual booking goals.
• Work with local ‘in-territory’ sales representatives to drive business within the accounts.
• Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
• 10 + years of experience in industrial/manufacturing environments preferred.
• 5 years of prior outside sales experience preferred.
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
• Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
• Demonstrate excellent judgment in business situations.
• Maintain client-centered focus.
• Effective with asking open-ended discovery questions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and client management software.