The Business Development Directoris responsible for creating sales leads for an assigned territory.
A Day in the Life
- Identifies key broker/consulting offices within a territory
- Develops and executes a broad awareness plan
- Consistently identifies opportunities, develops sales strategy in conjunction with the salesdirectors
- Identifies, develops and retains new business relationships
- Effectively presents Accolade’s offerings to brokers and consultants
- Effectively leverages Accolade executives, the pre-sales team and services staff to support broker/consultant presentations
- Develops and executes strategies to generate sales leads
- Develops a pipeline brokers and consultants likely to produce leads and sales in alignment with objectives that are established annually
- Develops and maintains an effective sales and market penetration plan for assigned territory
- Documents all broker and consultant contacts and activities in Accolade’s sales tools and systems resulting in a territory “heat map”
- Executes against a partnership arrangement
- Executes a partner launch plan
- Solicits product and market feedback from brokers, consultants and partners. Communicates this feedback to sales leadership, marketing and the product development team (feature requests, market trends, competition intelligence, new opportunities)
- Complies with all corporate policies and completes all administrative tasks on time
- BA in a business or technical related area of study
- Minimum 5years of strategic selling or wholesaler experience
- Experienceselling complex, multi-stakeholder solutions. SaaS, health & welfare benefits, healthcare capital equipment, healthcare IT, health and welfare benefits outsourcing, human resources IT benefits software
- Ability to pass a background check
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Embraces and thrives in a culture of transparency, accountability and trust
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, prioritize work and coordinate multiple tasks within tight time constraints
- Ability to navigate the strategic levels of customer organizations, identify key decision-makers, build relationships with senior executives and schedule meetings with key stakeholders
- Ability to establish strong team relationships in a matrix organization
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Possess account knowledge, executive-level customer contacts and industry relationships inside the employer market space
- Command of social media for the benefit of lead generation, gaining access to executives and networking with key stakeholders
- Strong aptitude with business software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate complex contract
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue
- Flexibility in work schedule is required
- Various means of travel are required, including air travel
Critical Performance Competencies:
- Intelligent, professional, competent, effective strategic sales professional that maintains a high level of relevant customer engagement
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships withassociates and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Persists despite obstacles, objections, opposition or set-backs
- A problem solver that conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues and opportunities to closure in a timely manner
Values we admire
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.