Business Development Dir.
Less than 5 years experience • Pharmaceuticals & Biotech
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Director to generate business for Covance’s Immunology Services division. The Business Development Director will be able to present and promote services to potential clients including new accounts, new business opportunities at existing accounts, and new marketing opportunities with the objective of establishing long term, mutually beneficial business partnerships. The portfolio of services includes custom antibody generation - both polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies; specifically anti-drug antibody positive controls, anti-idiotype capture reagents and neutralizing antibody controls; non-clinical vaccine testing services - including immunogenicity and efficacy testing and supporting reagents for manufactured bio-therapeutics (host cell protein reagents). Successful candidates will be self-starters, capable of achieving, but not limited to, the following:
- Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts.
- Establishes, nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts.
- Provides weekly sales activity reports to management.
- Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; Follows up on leads.
- Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
- Sells the business unit’s capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
- Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
- Sets and manages customer expectations.
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Organizes and hosts client visits.
- Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
- Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
- Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other Covance units to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
- Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
- Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
- Maintains frequent personal contact with clients.
- Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
- Leads client presentations.
- Supports an established client base where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in life science or business field preferred
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Ability to differentiate Covance from competitors
- Strong working relationship with internal Covance management and site leadership
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
- 4-5 year’s sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
Job Number 2018-20047