Stripe builds financial tools and economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create new business models, and scale their efforts globally. In pursuit of this mission, the global partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing and managing partnerships that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem.
The Consumer Payments Partnerships team develops Stripe’s partner strategy and builds and manages the relationships that enable Stripe users to accept payments. Our team executes on high-impact, cross-functional initiatives across new products, geographic expansion, user advocacy, and policy. These partnerships have a significant impact on Stripe and the products used by millions of our users.
We are looking for a strategic, entrepreneurial business development manager to grow our consumer payments ecosystem, with a focus on emerging payment offerings such as buy now, pay later methods and transactional credit. You will work closely with product leaders and cross-functional teams to source, negotiate, and execute agreements for Stripe, develop go-to market strategies for scaling our consumer payments partnerships globally, and create new business and product opportunities through partnership.
- Lead the development of partnership strategies to align with product and business goals
- Source, structure, and negotiate deals with partners in pursuit of these broader goals
- Understand our partners’ strategic priorities, challenges, and internal roadmaps; regularly communicate insights and strategic recommendations to Stripe product stakeholders
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to develop and influence our consumer payments roadmap
- Identify opportunities for partnerships to fill product gaps or create net new business opportunities
- Design and implement strategies and processes that will enable us to scale our consumer payments partnerships and increase our velocity as a team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 10 years of total work experience, with 5+ years of partnerships experience working at or with fintech, consumer technology, B2B, or equivalent strategic, complex partners
- A track record of developing high-impact partnerships with significant internal and external dependencies
- Strong negotiation skills and experience independently leading complex and/or first-of-a-kind negotiations
- Strong commercial and product instincts and the ability to prioritize and guide cross-functional teams through competing demands and complex problems
- Ability to identify and evaluate new strategic opportunities with partners
- Demonstrated ability to use data to make decisions and influence stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity