Business Development Consultant - West Coast
We are currently searching for a Business Development Consultant to work in the West Coast territory representing ServiceMaster Clean. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to drive franchise sales and profit, coach for operational excellence, and enforce brand standards by providing high level business consulting expertise and advise to your assigned group of franchisees.
What you'll do:
- Drive revenue growth by developing annual sales, marketing, and financial plans for each franchisee.
- Perform business evaluations.
- Track and facilitate progress by gathering and analyzing data, making recommendations, building commitment, and overcoming objections.
- Provide training and advise franchisees on financial analysis tools, such as profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow reviews, financial key performance indicators, pricing strategies, etc.
- Identify business needs and opportunities to improve performance and growth by leveraging company operating systems or resources.
- Facilitate learning and sharing of best practices in a wide variety of formats, including group presentations and face-to-face training.
- Ensure full brand standards compliance with all products, equipment, tools, operating systems, processes, and initiatives to promote operational excellence and superior customer experiences.
- Provide action plans with timing to resolve any system noncompliance.
- Perform field audits for quality assurance.
- Assist Directors of Business Development (BDD) in managing regional initiatives and projects.
- Provide coaching and guidance to other BDCs, owner support for escalated issues, and gather data, reports, and assist with market expansion and sales initiatives in assigned region.
- Act as lead for conventions and other events, to include representing the brand, owning content, programming, and scheduling, and other logistics.
- Represent the business unit in franchise councils and take ownership of various responsibilities within the council.
- Serve as primary liaison for Franchisee renewals, collections, insurance, royalties, etc.
- Operate a motor vehicle when traveling to conduct field audits, site visits, etc.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in business operations management or related field required.
- Experience in project management, leadership, budgets, profit & loss, employee supervision, customer service, and conflict resolution required.
- Sales experience in the service industry preferred.
- Multi-unit franchise operations or strategic business planning experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license from state of residence and a clean driving record (no DUI- related violations within the past 5 years and no more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years).
- Business and financial acumen.
- Strategic and innovative thinking skills.
- Project management, organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Coaching and influencing skills.
- Executive presence with the ability to speak publicly (e.g. facilitation of workshops, training sessions, and large group settings).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to review financials and key metrics and determine corrective course of action.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed for business unit, including overnight.