The Institute of Public-Private Partnerships (IP3), a Tetra Tech company, is seeking a Business Development Consultant/PPP Specialist. The successful candidate will engage the PPP community in the US, African, Latin American, or European international infrastructure markets. The consultant is a PPP generalist with complementary skills in project finance, economics, international business development, and knowledge of international financial institutions. Additionally, the consultant is responsible for the sale of learning services focused on PPP, Project Finance, and Regulation Utilities Management subject matters. The ideal candidate is a strong public speaker, able to participate in and present at public events and PPP workshops. Preference for candidates with business development and sales experience.
- Lead development of client accounts.
- Respond to RFP’s and request from clients for proposals related to public/private partnership trainings.
- Prepare detailed cost proposals for in-country training programs.
- Meet with potential clients at IP3 trainings, international client locations, and professional conferences.
- Promoting in-country classroom-based and dedicated online training to existing and potential clients.
- Maintain all records of client contact in Salesforce.
- Facilitate bi-weekly sales pack meetings to review sales leads.
- Provide subject matter expert review of training materials.
- Deliver training modules in areas of expertise.
- Maintain knowledge of IP3 service offerings and training modules.
- Remain current on PPP market and technical skills.
- Periodic international travel may be required for up to two consecutive weeks at a time (when health risks abate).
- Additional tasks as required to develop accounts and build capabilities within the organization’s strategic plan.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5 or more years of professional experience in PPP sector.
- Current Certified Public-Private Partnerships Professional (CP3P) Certification (or the ability to obtain certification upon hire).
- Bachelor’s degree (MS or PhD preferred) in international development and policy, public administration, economics, finance, business administration, or related fields.
- International work experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation.