The Team: In this role the Business Development Associate will work in a proactive sales role supporting S&P Investment Advisory Services (SPIAS) with a focus on the Broker Dealer (BD) and Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) channels. These services are geared to the retail advisor and external wholesaling segment.
The Impact: You will be generating new business by gathering assets from existing clients and starting new relationships with new financial advisors through leads and call campaigns. They will also be tasked with educating and discussing investment strategies with external wholesalers and financial advisors.
What’s in it for you:
- Learning/Education Opportunity – Gain insights and have direct contact with leaders with vision of the investment world.
- Creative Thinking Opportunity - Opportunity to partner and strategize with a RIC as you both see fit.
- Develop deep understanding of key accounts, products, platforms, SPIAS investment strategies, and competitive landscape
- Proactively contact clients, build relationships, and gather and retain assets
- Document and follow up on sales leads generated by inbound calls and website
- Conduct in-person meetings and conference calls to discuss strategies with clients
- Ensure compliance with internal and external rules, policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirement
- Maintain and update CRM (Salesforce.com) system with relevant activities
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelors degree required
- Strong presentation, communication, and organization skills required
- Proven planning, writing, presentation skills, and client-service focus and a must.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience in asset management industry in a sales or wholesaling function – ideally working at a Third Party Investment Strategist or Turnkey Asset Management Program firm
- Knowledge of asset allocation strategies and equity strategies or experience with the sales of other financial products – Mutual Funds, Fund of Funds, ETFs, Separately Managed Accounts, Variable Annuities
- Understand how investment product manufacturers (e.g. Insurers, Asset Managers, Turnkey Asset Management Programs) interact with distributors (e.g. BDs, RIAs)
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com a plus