Industry: Manufacturing / Electronics•
Less than 5 years
Posted 390 days ago
Business Development Associate
US - WA - Algona
Located in Algona, WA, Primus International is a leading Tier II Supplier of highly engineered metallic and composite parts, kits, and assemblies to the global aerospace industry. Their key customers are Boeing (737 FED Doors, AOE Doors, and 737 APU Inlets) and Latacore (Hinges and Supper Hinges). Primus International –Algona specializes in medium to complex titanium machining and structural mechanical assembly.
Acquired by Precision Castparts in 2011, Primus International Algona has become one of 38 plants within the Aerostructures division. Staffed with 325 employees, the facility generates annual revenue in excess of $160 million. Within the next few years, the operation plans to merge with a sister plant, Compass Aerospace Northwest, which will add steel and aluminum machining and assembly capabilities to the plant.
The Business Development professional will utilize inside sales leads to sell company products & services, analyze & research bids, and oversee the estimating function. the incumbent will make sales calls in order to secure orders from potential and existing customers, develop new business in both the repair and OEM segments, and supply a high level of customer service and support to customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Make sales contacts, research potential customer needs by determining market strategies and goals, follow up on sales leads. Make cold calls on potential customers to increase business by introducing services to potential customers and diversify the customer base.
• Travel to customer facilities to develop and maintain business levels. Identify new opportunities within these businesses and establish long-term relationships.
• Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional, effective manner, develop proposals, make presentations to OEMs, customers, and maintain an up-to-date awareness of industry trends
• Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers by acting as a liaison between customers and operations. Communicate openly, honestly and constructively, taking responsibility for and making every effort to resolve customer problems or concerns.
• Research and analyze bids
• Oversee the site's estimating function
• Collaborate with site Program Management to achieve site business objectives
• Serves as liaison between Division Business Development Team and the site, evaluate opportunities for the site and advise on internal bidding activity.
• Understanding machining and assembly within the aerospace industry
• Excellent oral/written communication skills, self-motivated, sense of urgency, extroverted personality, well organized, positive attitude
• Ability to negotiate and close sales transactions, manage and resolve problems both internally and externally to assure customer satisfaction
• Well-developed presentation skills
Experience & Education
• 3-5 years of sales experience (aerospace industry required)
• Experience in estimating is strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field
• Master's Degree is a plus
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.