Markit Digital is hiring for our successful Business Development team. This is a unique and exciting position for the Boulder area. You will have the opportunity to work in a professional environment with high profile companies in the finance industry. We are seeking a mid level hire with 5-7 years' industry or other relevant experience.
We are a small, high-energy group responsible for acquisition of new business for new and existing accounts, as well as vendor relationships. We work collaboratively with our cross-functional teammates to develop strategic opportunities that help our clients meet their business objectives. In the course of a day, we identify prospects and opportunities; brainstorm creative solutions to our clients’ business challenges; define project scope; write proposals; analyze project and account profitability; and draft and negotiate contracts. This is an external-facing role that requires extensive interaction with clients and partners.
The perfect candidate is a critical thinker, problem solver, clear writer, excellent communicator, team collaborator, personable, and available to travel domestically and internationally.
Candidates should be able to work both autonomously and collaboratively, are well-spoken and professional, and present confidently to large groups.
• An understanding of the financial markets and digital platforms developed or licensed by financial services firms
• Adept at analyzing clients’ needs and requirements, preferably having provided consultative services to clients and prospects in previous roles
• A proven track record of managing complex initiatives
• Ability to analyze profitability or determine cost efficiencies
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills that enjoys working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience in sales presentations
• Experience managing channel partnerships
• Experience qualifying sales leads
• Strong writing skills, especially for contracts and proposals
• Strong written and oral presentation skills and ability to present recommendations to senior management
• Strong understanding of web-based technology or willingness to learn.
• Strong negotiation skills.