As a member of the Airgas ALTEC Engineering Solutions Group, based in Houston, TX or Central United States, this individual will play a key role in the growth of Airgas’s specialty gas, industrial, and bulk gas business through the design and installation of equipment systems supporting Airgas’s portfolio of gas applications to the various industries we serve. With a focus on safety, efficiency and reliability, both internally and externally, this position will be focused on providing Airgas customers with support and development of complete process solutions, including gases, technology and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee the sales, specification, quotation and successful installation of equipment systems for supporting specialty and process gas applications throughout Airgas’ regional markets.
- Actively work with the Airgas sales team as their technical sales specialist in the area of specialty and process gas solutions.
- Provide custom solutions by using existing Airgas Engineered Solutions or through the design and development of custom engineered systems to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Interact with customers and end users to assure understanding of Specialty and Process gas equipment capabilities, safe use and installation.
- Prepare and present technical proposals and presentations to Airgas prospects/customers that focus on Airgas’s ability to provide complete Engineered Solutions.
- Review customer requirements and develop complete, code conforming, turn-key engineered solutions in the areas of gas delivery, gas monitoring, hazard analysis and process safety.
- Assist in the commissioning and start-up and of engineered systems.
- Coordinate (and conduct as needed) equipment testing to ensure system operation and functionality.
- Summarize, present and distribute information relating to successful equipment installations within the Airgas organization to uncover other potential opportunities
- Work with the engineering team to generate layout and process flow drawings that demonstrate the use and application or an engineered system for use with potential customers (pre-sale) as well as to contractors/ installers (post-sale)
- Conduct customer training programs of custom supplied products as well as Engineered Solutions Capabilities.
- Work with vendors to develop equipment offerings for custom Engineered Solutions at competitive price advantages.
- BSChe or BSME preferred
- 5+ years of successful sales engineering experience in the specialty gas or process chemical industries.
- Prefer experience selling skid-mounted process equipment, and high pressure gas systems
- Experience with process chemicals (e.g. hydrogen chloride, sulfur dioxide, ammonia) a plus
- Capable of travelling up to approximately 50% (including overnight as required).
- Capable of working weekends and/or holiday as needed to meet project schedules, equipment commissioning and follow-up customer support.
- Well-versed in instrumentation and controls, have a firm understanding of fluid dynamics for compressible fluids.
- Familiar with applicable standard design and safety codes for equipment produced for metals and chemicalindustrial market sectors, such as CGA, ASME and NFPA and codes and standards.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability