What You Will Do
The Business Development and Capture Lead, will be responsible for the overall sales and business development strategy implementation including the development of client account planning and capture planning for Tier 1 clients in the Transit and Rail Global Business Line (GBL). This role includes support of growth goals and implementation of marketing activities specific to Gannett Fleming's Transit and Rail Global Business Line which operates across North America and Globally leading Gannett Fleming's portfolio of Transit and Rail Clients.
The successful candidate will have 15 or more years of progressive business development and capture planning experience and an understanding of the complete marketing lifecycle/continuum; will be a self-starter able to develop and maintain focus on strategic marketing objectives; and will possess well-developed interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills. The individual must be persistent, highly organized, detail oriented, and able to balance short-term deadlines against long-termgoals.
Because the candidate will work with all types and levels of people, tact and enthusiasm are hallmarks of this position. Must have supervisory level experience, preferably with employees in multiple locations and areas of expertise.
- Market Assessment: Evaluate potential markets (services and geographies) that Gannett Fleming should be in as well as expand in based on demographics and Gannett Fleming characteristics. Assist Business Unit Managers in determining gaps and ways to fill gaps to allow successful penetration/expansion.
- Marketing Plan development and implementation: Provide leadership and direction to marketing staff for branding, messaging, and internal/external communications.
- Market Strategy Planning: Support the planning, development, and execution of the GBL's major business segments' external marketing and business development plans. With Business Line Leaders, determine key issues and markets for each Business Unit in the GBL and the most effective means of penetration.
- Project Management: Manage key research and marketing projects (identify/clarify objectives; scope requirements; develop approach; identify both internal/external resources; develop cost estimates; and prepare timeline to meet major milestones).
Client Account Management and Capture Planning:
Demonstrated understanding of industry best practices for the lifecycle of pursuits, including, the early identification of opportunities, 'go-no go' analysis and justification, client analysis and understanding, value proposition development, proposal leadership and guidance of supporting staff, and excellent written communication skills.
- Client Account Planning: Develop account plans based on TR GBL Strategy and Business Plan. Working with other members of the client team, conceptualize, develop, and execute all aspects of marketing plan including firm positioning, differentiation, public relations, and all aspects of a Thought Leadership program including conferences. Develop and execute strategic marketing communications maintaining the high-quality identity requirements and standards.
- Capture Planning: Lead the development and implementation of capture plans for key projects and programs. Develop win strategies for strategic teaming, key messaging, branding, to secure major program wins.
Business Network: Knowledge of the Transit and Rail Professional services market and established network of industry contacts, including teaming partners, clients, associations, and contractors. Work in a dynamic setting, enabling proactive teaming arrangements in the pursuit of key projects. Lead workshops to develop differentiation strategies for teaming and ultimately project wins.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, Communications, English or related field.
- Must have 15 years' experience in market research, market planning, business planning, business analysis, and competitive intelligence.
- Manage, coach and facilitate proposal team activities from pursuit decision stage through post-submittal stage working in partnership with the leadership teams and other stakeholders.
- Experience in A/E industry required with market experience in Transit and Rail including familiarity with industry groups including APTA and AREMA.
- Must have supervisory level experience, preferably with employees in multiple locations.
- Proficient in MS office suite.
- Proficient in accessing information from the Internet and using a variety of search engines and information databases.
- Must maintain a proactive, positive, professional and creative approach to business and people, with the ability to listen effectively and communicate clearly and completely in written and oral presentations.
- Must be proficient in interpreting/manipulating financial data.