Business Development Analyst - Specialty Oils and Waxes
Calumet Specialty Products is leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. The product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petrolatum’s and hydrocarbon gels.
The company is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana with locations throughout the United States. Calumet is in the midst of a cultural transformation placing emphasis on critical thinking and data-based decision making in an effort to provide value to our customers and grow the company. Calumet is seeking those who embrace change and continuous improvement and find fulfillment when challenged. Those who thrive with Calumet are those who can take initiative, analyze problems, see the opportunities, and then organize resources to provide solutions.
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
As the Business Analyst, your expertise will be instrumental in helping the company make sound business decisions relating to acquisitions and competitive intelligence and analyze organic growth opportunities of the value chain and new business and small acquisitions. The Business Analyst must be a self-starter, demonstrate the ability to influence decision makers, and ensure that revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met/exceeded and that the service solution supports the company's overall strategy and goals. This is a position where the analysis you provide reaches the highest levels of the organization and can make a significant difference in strategic business decisions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and report key metrics (Product performance, Gross margin, Pricing differentials, Market dynamics, Product netback analysis, etc.).
- Develop and maintain forecast and planning models.
- Collaborate with other analysts, technology teams, quality assurance, compliance, regulatory, legal, and business users to drive process improvements in sales execution.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the key factors driving business decisions for their business partners and develop technology alternatives and recommendations based on those factors.
- Support the sales teams with historical sales data and account.
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Be responsible for market research and information collection; coordinating the development of annual sales forecasts and plan.
- Partners closely with business colleagues to analyze new projects and readiness for governance decisions and provides transparency of portfolio investments.
- Prepare presentations, special projects, research and ad hoc analysis.
- Be responsible for analysis of accounts by market segments, region and consumer.
- Analyses to include data queries, plots, charts and graphs; running economics of opportunities for evaluation, multi-media output including presentation graphics, and prints for meetings and data rooms; presentation design and formatting for meeting packs, and marketing materials.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments relating to analysis for RFP/proposals, competitive bids, and business development opportunities.
- Must have use excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable dealing with multidiscipline teams.
- 5+ years of business experience including experience with various financial (Hyperion) and ERP systems (preferably SAP).
- College degree in business, finance or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- MBA is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills- ability to understand, isolate and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Previous experience where demonstrated critical thinking skills can be shown.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic culture.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expert in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to engage with other subject matter experts, technical teams and end users to understand process/system.
- Some travel will be required.
EXPECTED LEVEL OF PROFICIENCY:
- Advanced critical thinking skills, detail oriented, self-starter with a positive attitude, flexible and able to prioritize assignments, substantial experience in the engineering tech field preferred.
- Experience with determining enterprise profitability analytics.
- Heavy experience with forecasting and tracking marketing and sales trends; analyzing collected data.
- Must be a problem solver.
- A deep understanding of operational activities, including Supply Chain, and applying business analytics that improve operational and business decisions.
- Must analyze the entire production chain from raw materials acquisition, through manufacturing and distribution, produce reports utilizing actual data and drawing conclusions and proposing recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills to compliment a multi-tasking.
- Background in data management, data loading, manipulation, and organization recommended.
- Experience with SAP a plus.