The Skype Business Development team at Microsoft is responsible for identifying and executing strategic business development opportunities across the AI & Social Medialandscape. This role will propose, structure and execute partnerships with Strategic Partners in multiple verticals, with a focus on expanding Skype usage and service offerings on both Skype platform and on 3rd party platforms.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for the following key areas:
- Strategy Development: Collaborate with key stakeholders across Skype (engineering, marketing, finance, legal) in development of business and product strategy, translate business and product strategy into a partner strategy, and identify partnerships that can grow Skype’s user base and services offering.
- Transaction Execution: Identify, evaluate, and prioritize specific opportunities in support of the broader Skype partner strategy, including developing the business case for a partnership (strategic rationales and economics), creatively structuring deal terms, and developing a negotiation strategy and leading negotiations. Communicate with all stakeholders at all stages of the deal process to secure buy-in and approvals. Drive deals to closure while maintaining a willingness to walk away from deals which did not meet business objectives or introduced an unacceptable risk.
- Deal Execution: Monitor deal performance and track efficacy relative to expectations post-close. Maintain ongoing relationship with partners to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled.
- External Partnerships: Maintain a network of relationships across the industry, with a focus on both OEM and Media partners. Leverage relationships in opportunity identification and transaction execution.
- Industry Expertise: Be an expert in AI & Social Media industry trends including competitive and market dynamics, product and technology trends, and start-ups.
- Business strategy and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modeling skills
- Deep understanding of the competitive landscape in both enterprise and consumer technology
- Leading cross-disciplinary virtual teams and driving key business development initiatives from creation to implementation in partnership with senior Microsoft executives.
- Ability to communicate and influence all levels from senior executives on down and all functions (such as engineering, marketing, sales, services, finance and legal)
- 5+ years of business experience in high-tech
- Ability to lead, influence and drive results in a complex technical and business environment
- Key interpersonal traits: motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics & integrity, and a willingness to take calculated risks
- Expertise in structuring, negotiating, and managing complex commercial deals and acquisitions is nice to have but not a requirements
- Passion for Social Media, AI, voice services, and creating great customer experiences