AMETEK Rotron’s AC and Brushless DC Fans and Blowers and Cooling Systems have successfully supported some of the most stringent Military and Aerospace vehicles, programs and installations for over 60 years. Our products are specifically designed to operate in harsh environments, while delivering effective, efficient and highly reliable cooling solutions.
With over 25 product families, a high degree of vertical integration and core competencies in the design and manufacture of aerodynamics, electromechanical assemblies, motor drives and liquid vapor cycle cooling systems, we offer the widest product range in the world, with thousands of P/N’s active and available today. At the same time, we specialize in working with our customers to create unique product configurations to address the specific cooling requirement – not only for the cooling capability, but space claim, weight, noise, power draw and system controls.
We help our Customers pick the right product for the job - minimizing design, program, schedule and contract risk.
The successful Business Development Manager (BDM) candidate will be the key link between our customers, our sales team and our internal departments, putting product knowledge and training to use to achieve profitable growth within the assigned territories and accounts.
We seek positive and energetic team players who enjoy working in a challenging and creative environment.
• Assists customers in the application of Rotron products against customer needs. This involves analysis of customer technical requirements, initial product feasibility analysis, and scheduling of tests, as required, to determine the best solution to a customer's requirement.
• Leads the resolution of technical, product related, issues and questions coming from both internal and external sources against prescribed goals/measures.
• Builds internal and external networks to establish strong relationships and provide the "voice of the customer" to Company leadership regarding new opportunities, products or services. A key contributor to the growth of strategic accounts and assigned territories.
• Responsible for identifying, quantifying and acting on new business opportunities via daily interaction with Sales and customers, within the assigned territory.
• The Rotron BDM will develop Marketing materials focused on evaluating and growing target markets and regions. Maintain the Company market position by providing the necessary intelligence on the marketplace and the competitive situation as to achieve “winning” proposals.
• The BDM will support bringing opportunities to closure through completion of the negotiation cycle with the assistance and support of the Sales leadership team.
• The BDM will assemble the appropriate proposal response team (all functional areas within the business) and coordinate the required reviews and generated responses for all aspects of a response again
• The BDM will lead the efforts for creating the necessary compliance matrices against technical, contractual and program support requirements, as required.
• For Project Management functions, the Rotron BDM is responsible for contract negotiations, product support agreeements and managing the larger scope of deliverables as required by the SOW.
• Acts as the POC to address all internal project queries with the customer. Acts as VOC in the product development cycle.
• Liason between customer’s design team and Rotron Design Engineering, as needed. (Capturing level I and level II requirements)
• The Rotron AE will identify potential areas for process improvements and will lead, or participate in, assigned internal project teams to review, assess, measure and implement effective countermeasures.
• Makes periodic trips to customer sites and tradeshows.
• BS in Engineering - BSME or EE preferred
• Sales, Marketing, Applications Engineering experience preferred
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are mandatory for clear, professional interactions with customers, engineering and sales force.
• Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects and to coordinate and prepare major contract proposals.
• Strong collaboration and boundary-spanning skills.
• Impeccable integrity with a track record delivering quality customer service and able to interact with all levels.
• Willingness to assume the necessary domestic and international travel to satisfy customer requirements.
• Experience in mil/aerospace industry, and/or experience with custom designed products involving customer specifications is desired
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Job ID: 13555