The Bear Institute for Health Innovation is a first-of-its kind pediatric health information technology (IT) institute with a vision for a future where children grow to their highest level of health and potential. Formed in September 2013, the Bear Institute is a strategic partnership between Children’s National Health System and Cerner Corporation.
The organization assumes all operational and administrative responsibilities for Children’s IT services, including implementations, system management, and clinical adoption.The Bear Institute also provides innovative technologies that contribute to improved outcomes for pediatric patients, developed by our Bear Innovations Team.
This innovative partnership has resulted in a number of achievements and awards, including 2016 District of Columbia Hospital Association (DCHA) Patient Safety Award, PNC Charitable Trust $100K grant for Quality Boards, and 2016 guest speaking at HIMSS & ACHE on Innovation and Quality Improvements.
The Business Developer will develop business cases and create financial plans to enter new markets or deliver new offerings.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of general business work experience
- At least 3 years of work experience in healthcare IT, healthcare consulting or healthcare IT sales
- Master’s degree in Business Administration
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- Conduct market research to understand competitive environment and business opportunities.