Business Dev Officer I; SBA
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
The Business Development Officer II isresponsible to identify, market, and sell SBA Products to the small business marketplace. The job will plan, develop and price all products, enhance marketing materials and package any new products or services so they may be effectively underwritten.
There is also responsibility to analyze competition and marketsharestatisticsto assist in developing marketing strategies.
• Works independently to develop and solicit new business from present and prospective clients to increase revenue base and overall profitability. Conduct calls on prospects, clients, internal referral sources and external referral sources to assure service requirements are met and new business opportunities are realized.
• Develops broader knowledge base of more complex commercial and other Company products and services, including loan policy and documentation.
• Maintain continual dialogue and close working relationships with other bank officers, member of the bar, certified public and municipal accountants, financial advisors, underwriters and governmental officials.
• Maintains established market presence and extensive network of outside referral sources of new business.
• Ensures that own work as well as work of more junior Employees are within compliance with SBA guidelines
• Enhance and modify marketing materials and remain current and competitive in the Small Business marketplace.
• Understands how to structure the most complex SBA deals.
• Maintain more complex commercial banking relationship with prospects
• Cross-sell deposit, trade, cash management, foreign exchange, private banking, asset management, and other services
• Underwrite new credits;
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years related experience
• Strong sales experience preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of commercial banking practices, including credit analysis.
• Demonstrated knowledge of corporate trust procedures, operations and systems.
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
• Sound collaborative skills to build and maintain proactive involvement with all levels of staff and vendors
• Attentive to client relationship development
• Outstanding prospecting skills
• Strong credit skill involvement with all levels of staff and vendors.