State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $33.1 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.8 trillion* in assets under management as of December 31, 2017, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 36,643 worldwide.
Global Treasury’s mission is to manage the balance sheet of State Street while seeking to optimize net interest income (NII) within our risk appetite. TreasuryQuantitative Analytics is responsible for in depth quantitative modeling that represents the complex interaction of global markets, customer behavior, and regulatory oversight in coordination with business partners across business units, Finance, and Treasury (including Asset/Liability Management (ALM), Global Liquidity Management, and Capital Management). The group supports key risk management and regulatory initiatives including, IRR, liquidity stress testing, CCAR/DFAST, Recovery & Resolution Planning (RRP) and investment & balance sheet strategy.
The successful candidate is a team player who demonstrates intellectual credibility, has relevant large financial institution experience and can deliver clear, well-structured communications, including presentations to key risk committees, regulators and constituents, and well-structured and comprehensive technical documentation.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
As a Business Data Analyst, the candidate is expected to utilize business analysis and technology skills to help procure and manage enterprise data to address key treasury quantitative modeling and regulatory challenges. The analyst is also expected to help investigate and resolve data discrepancies. This is a hands-on position.
- Work with businesses and source system data owners to procure, evaluate, structure and validate appropriate enterprise data for use in financial and risk models, regulatory reporting and other monitoring and surveillance activities
- Establish and optimize processes and procedures to manage and access large databases, and for repetitive or computationally intensive tasks
- Identify data gaps and data enrichment needs; investigate ways to fill gaps and enrich data for TreasuryQuantitative Analytics modeling needs
- Work with Information Technology to document business requirements and to ensure methodologies are accurately implemented in production systems
- Write technical documentation, present and defend results to independent Model Validation team, senior management, and regulators
- Establish control processes and procedures for operational maintenance of various tools and technology platform in support of Global Treasury
- Complete ad-hoc assignments as needed
- Must have 10-15 years of progressive financial services experience with design and implementation of technology and large enterprise data collection data sourcing efforts with hands on experience as a Business analyst or data analyst
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in various products on and off balance sheet at large custody banks, and corresponding data models thereof
- Strong technology background with a mix of business analysis and business ownership Business analysis and report creation
- Experience in implementation of banking regulations (CCAR, RRP, Regulatory Reporting) strongly desired
- Experience implementing vendor solutions for financial and regulatory reporting including modeling, reporting and production
- Strong written & verbal communication skills. Experience writing, reviewing technology documents including user guides.
- Advanced Coding skills to lead or support implementation of data solutions desired