Who you are.
As a The Business Data Analyst (BDA) on Virgin’s TechOps team, you will beresponsible for key analytics-driven projects that include product and program validation, enterprise reporting packages, and client-facing service and support. Working closely with Product and Client Success, this individual will be responsible for analytics, reporting, and the gathering and writing on functional requirements. In addition, the BDA will participate in key projects for the IMA department, and make strategic recommendations that positively impact internal and external reporting. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and verbal formats, and have past experienceworking with sophisticated brokers, consultants, and large employers.
In the role of a Business Data Analystyou will wear many hats and your skills will be crucial in the following:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to serve as Reporting and Analytics SME for a roster of large, complex clients, including delivery of live presentations
- Work with Technology teams to provide matching and cross-platform analytics utilizing claims analytics tools and internal systems
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Virgin Pulse’s corporate strategy, plans, programs, and critical issues in order to develop other meaningful client reports
- Prepare ROI and SLA metricsreporting tosupportClient Success
- Maintain standard reporting calendars and project deliverables across the company
- Support production of white papers and case studies utilizing claims analytics and block analysis
- Collaborate with Product team on new standard reporting and analytics design and creation
- Provide resource planning, management and resolution of impending issues
- Travel required for client and prospect presentations
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring to the team.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer, you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health, or related field
- 5+ years of experienceworking with health insurance claims data, employee benefits/plan design, and health management solutions from a consultative perspective
- Intermediate statistical expertise with ability to solution moderately and complex problems
- High-energy, results-oriented approach to completing projects with ability to work in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple priorities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in creativity/innovation, customer service, group presentations, group process facilitation, interpersonal relations, oral communication, project management, quality management, and teamwork
- A strong business acumen, proven expertise in oral/written communication, the ability to compile and present information to Senior Leadership with demonstrated analytical problem-solving and decision-making capabilities are essential
- Must be a motivated self-starter who will be able to manage multiple projects utilizing excellent time management, conflict resolution and creative skills requiring minimal supervision
- Advanced Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills a must
- Preferred experience using BI tools such as Qlik and Tableau