$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
Less than 5 years
Posted 32 days ago
Federal Signal has an immediate opening for a Business Data Analyst. Serving as an intermediary between business and IT, the Analyst collects, processes and performs statistical data analyses and develops actionable insights and recommendations for current business operations.
• Performs business analysis using various techniques such as statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling and data mining.
• Identifies the best analytical model and approaches to present and explain solutions and options to business users.
• Determines best practices and develops actionable insights and recommendations for the current business operations.
• Provides support for a range of data cleansing and data modeling activities, as required by the business using internal and external data sources.
• Sense-checks large lists of data.
• Partners with strategic market teams to ensure data is accurately aligned.
• Works directly with internal or external clients to identify analytical requirements.
• Produces ad-hoc data queries and reports to support and guide business decisions.
• Assists in evaluation and implementation or development of systems to capture business operation information and documentation of the system, once delivered. Performs end-user training and vendor management for related systems will also be required as necessary.
• Provides backup support for Federal Signal's Reporting and Data Warehouse solution, OBIEE, or other reporting systems as needed.
• May occasionally guide new-in-career Business Data Analysts or end users in data team's process and objectives.
• Supports initiatives of the Data and Decisions Support team, and overall objectives of IT team, with a focus on enabling growth and profit objectives for Federal Signal Corporation.
• 3-5 years' related experience in IT data or business process related role
• Experience with Database / Data Systems preferred: MS SQL, OBIEE, Oracle, ODI, MS Access, MS Power BI, NO SQL, Data Lakes
• Skills & Talents desired: Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, AI Tools, CRM system experience preferred, strong math background
• Conscious listening and storytelling skills
• Strong Excel skills with the ability to manipulate large data spreadsheets
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy of work is essential
• IT savvy with a problem-solving nature
• Capable of conducting research into a wide range of data or systems issues
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
• Ability to confidently interact and engage with stakeholders at all levels in the organization from graduates through to board level
• Ability to work on own initiative and trusted with limited supervision
• Flexible approach towards work and supportive to fellow team members
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Team-oriented, collaborative environment and customer focused
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
Valid Through: 2019-10-14