Job Title: Business Data Analyst - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Buffalo, NY
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Experience with databasetechnologies.
- Deep knowledge of the various Data Integration process.
- Experience in writing and interpreting SQL
- Technical skills to manipulate and analyze data in a variety of formats (e.g. SQL, Access, JCL).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Analytical& Logical thinking is required.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills is a must
- 8+ years applicable experiencerequired.
- 3+ experience working in a Data Warehouse environment (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of experience working in a Financial Services company
- Experience working in various RDBMS like Teradata ,Oracle, SQL server
- Demonstrated history of success.
- Willingness to learn new process and technology
- Being a Team player
- This role requires both technical skills and functional expertise (it is more a techno-functional role).
- Determine solutions to business software/hardware system problems.
- Analyze business processes and write system process specifications to be used.
- Work with clients to determine their business needs to transform them into information technology system requirements.
- Demonstrable experience in analyzing complex processes and systems.
- Identify & gather challenges with existing solution
- Elicitation such as questioning techniques to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the stakeholder’s needs, and the ability to ask questions that lead to an understanding of the business need rather than what they want.
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing business requirements and functional specifications. Writing requirements using different approaches such as use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams.
- Prepares, and documents detailed specifications of the programs utilized for Data Movement and Data Integration
- Partners with various business lines to perform data analysis procedures as applicable to the support of ongoing projects and Data questions
- Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies.
- Evaluate and propose target state process/tool for managing data that automates the workflow, reporting & metrics
- Need to be able to communicate at executive and other levels
- Business & solution level understanding of master data management and having knowledge of various Data Hub (EDW, ODS, DataMart) concepts is critical.
- Deep understanding of Products Hierarchies , Reference Data , Data lineage, Data Integrity and various other critical components of the Data warehousing
- High level knowledge of cybersecurity requirements for banking industry such as PCI, PII, etc. and ensures the targeted solution comply with these.
- Knowledge of the Data Governance process and policies.
- Evaluate the Data Quality requirement and document the process to capture, report the metrics through Reporting tools.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors, condition test data and make necessary modifications within established deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; minor or advanced degree in business