We are looking for Business / Data Analyst for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Business / Data Analyst
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The Business Analyst/Project Manager will be responsible for the overall success of a project, requirements definition, and quality assurance activities, or a portion thereof as assigned (if working under the direction of another project lead).
- As a Business Analyst, they serve as a liaison between functional users and technical staff in the development or modification of typically complex information systems.
- He or she leads in definition of user business requirements, assures requirements are appropriately addressed in application implementation, and redefines business processes to maximize application usage as required.
- Responsibilities include creating and executing test plans, performing hands-on functional testing, and leading user acceptance testing.
- This position will also provide ongoing user support, including troubleshooting and resolution of more complex system issues.
- Project Management responsibilities include time and resource management, financial planning, scope management, issue and risk management, project execution.
- This person plans, directs, and monitors the work produced by the team(s).
- He or she is responsible for managing stakeholder relationships, including general, ongoing communications, negotiation of scope and schedule changes, key risks, issue resolution, and ongoing progress reporting.
- The Business Analyst/Project Manager shapes client expectations, and manages contracts and scope related to the project.
- This person must have a broad knowledge of industry best practices and be able to proactively identify potential project risks in order to advise and consult with clients on risk identification, analysis, and mitigation strategies.
- 4-5 years job-related experience
- Excellent skills in data organization and analysis, problem solving, requirements elicitation and documentation
- Strong skills in business process analysis and workflow diagramming; experience using these skills on projects to develop workflow-based enterprise software
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle Process, including incremental/iterative/Agile and Waterfall methods
- Knowledge of SQL, database, and relational data models
- Effective analytical and presentation skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills; ability to tailor communication to different audiences, such as management, stakeholders, users, SMEs, developers, and others
- Ability to lead others to articulate additional possibly hidden needs
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with both functional area experts and technical team members
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Experience leading a project or part of a project
- Experience being both a PM and BA on the same project
- Experience working with Project Management software and tools
- Experience or strong knowledge in one or more technical solutions/architectures such as web services, portals, business process modeling, UI technologies like AJAX, relational databases, Business Intelligence preferred (coding experience not required)
- Ability to manage work on multiple projects with competing priorities
- Experience overseeing user acceptance testing and providing test cases/test scenarios for UAT
- Experience working with web application development teams who use technologies such as Java and Drupal
- Experience working in research/educational institutions or small IT companies preferred
- Projects supporting researchers and staff internally as well as for the entire campus, including proposal management, compliance tools, researcher dashboards, talent management software, and financial applications
- Project types include in-house Java development, web development, Cognos reports, implementation and support of third party software, enterprise systems integration, as well as database and systems infrastructure projects.
- A Bachelor's degree is required: Preferred degree in Business, Accounting, or IT-related field.