The Business Controls Program Lead is the first line of defense responsible for supporting and coordinating all risk disciplines of operational risk and controls within their assigned project and programs. These risk disciplines include but are not limited to: information security, fraud, BSA/AML, third party risk management, business continuity, regulatory compliance and privacy, product risk, and model validation. This role provides direct support and oversight on assigned projects to ensure that the risks of new/modified products/channels/services are identified, monitored and tracked and the appropriate controls are delivered.
- Coordinate and lead in assigned project workstreams with the required risk partners to ensure delivery of compliant processes, systems and operations.
- Build, collect and maintain detailed data supporting the delivery of controls including extensive mapping of multiple data elements.
- Use program data to develop timelines and report status. Create graphs to illustrate positions.
- Map existing inventory of PSRAs to transformation scope, confirm the current state, ensure production of target-state PSRAs, and document areas being modified. Supports the collection of business requirements from partners in all impacted risk stripes.
- Supports the collection of guidance (or requirements) from partners in all impacted risk stripes. Facilitate compromises that will meet required standards.
- Develop and maintain a detailed traceability of PSRA, BUCRA, RCSA, BRD, UAT, rules, regs, policies, procedures, training and communication plans for specific assigned projects.
- Tracks and monitors issues and risk acceptances through the process for assigned projects.
- Utilize rigorous change control within the project framework to ensure that items modified and de-scoped are cascaded through the detailed traceability process for identification of impacts to controls and other deliverables.
- Oversee delivery of business adoption deliverables within the project framework to support controls including procedures, training, and communication.
- Ensure controls are adequately tested through review of UAT scripts, test plans, UAT results.
- Facilitate/support committee approval of PSRA.
- Coordinates the development of acceptable operational thresholds for controls; define monitoring routines and reporting with handoff to operations upon launch.
- Contributes and supports communication and reporting routines with first, second and third line risk functions to include ARC and ECA.
- Coordinate responses to specific project audits of risk and control functions.
Education, Licensure, and Years of Experience
- 8+ years in program/project delivery, risk disciplines, and/or operational roles.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of operational risk management and compliance.
- Solid data and reporting skills including use of Excel, Access, graphs.
- Ability to influence leaders.
- Superior communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience presenting to and interacting with all levels of leadership.
Requisition #: 10023032-WD