With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally. Most importantly, UTC develops future business leaders.
UTC has a best-in-class Finance organization. As UTC continues to provide products and services to our global industries, the opportunities for top talent will continue to be unmatched. Our high-performance culture attracts the best people in their fields – people of diverse backgrounds working together to solve complex problems for a better tomorrow.
Candidate must be a high performer and must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, project management and facilitation skills, as well as a passion for technology and the ability to interact and influence effectively across business units and functions.
Be an integral part of the Business Controls team of 4 onshore and 2 offshore analysts in the selection, deployment and maintenance of business controls related software, including providing functional expertise in supporting the Account Reconciliation Management System (ARMS), Sarbanes-Oxley compliance tool (eSOX), Risk Assessment System (RAS), Continuous Controls Monitoring (CCM) software, ePolicy tool, Compliance and Controls Reporting System (CCRS) and Qlik based analytics. This position works very closely with our customers, including the Corporate and Business Unit (BU) Controllers, Business Controls Council, UTC Business Controls Program Office, BU project leads, and 4,000+ global users to ensure the technology platforms we support are optimized to improve their processes and add value to the Finance function. The Business Controls Team works closely with our BU customers to define their requirements and configure the above tools and content, including opening and closing 700+ eSOX and RAS assessments annually, deploying several ARMS modules globally across all business units, expanding utilization of CCM, developing analytics using Qlik, etc. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate identification, evaluation and selection of business controls related software.
- Provide project management for the deployment of business controls related software, including working with BU Leads to define and document requirements for application enhancements and coordinate unit, regression and user acceptance testing for application enhancements.
- Perform application maintenance, including user security, annual rollovers. metadata updates, etc.
- Manage help desk support, maintain documentation such as user guides, process flows, and training materials, and coordinate and conduct training sessions as needed
- Create new eSOX and RAS assessments annually based on requirements received from the BUs
- Participate in and present at monthly Business Controls Technology working team meetings
- Apply ACE tools, including facilitating ACE events as needed
- 5+ years related experience working for a fast paced, progressive organization
- Public accounting, auditing and/or internal controls experience
- Ability to work effectively as part of a high performing team
- A desire to optimize processes and procedures
- Results and metrics driven
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, high attention to detail, the ability to work independently
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.