The Business Controller acts as a business partner between Operations and Finance and is responsible for the financialreporting and controlling. Timely and accurate preparation of monthly financialreporting, including detailed analysis of sales, direct labor variances, preparation of Annual Budget and Quarterly Latest View are your main responsibilities.
As Business Controller your responsibilities will also include:
- Prepare, develop and maintain locationbudgets for plant locations including key metrics and volume tracking.
- Providing timely financial analysis of operating results in terms of costs, budgets, operating policies, trends and incremental profit opportunities.
- Monthly analytical review, balance sheet account reconciliations, variance analysis and monthly reporting packages.
- Preparing content and participating in monthly and quarterly operations reviews.
- Developing and implementing an annual budget process, monthly forecast methodology and daily/weekly P&Ls for plant manager.
- Providing input and reviewing key data points for daily, weekly and monthly operational metrics of plant.
- Supporting procurement and engineering on special project initiatives to increase profitability.
- Conducting cost model analysis for justification of in-sourcing and out-sourcing decisions, plant equipment transfers and new business proposals
- Assisting in developing internal control policies, guidelines and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management and accounting in line with company procedures, practices and SOX compliance.
- Developing annual capital expenditure budget and forecast with management team.
- Assisting with all quarterly and year-end audit requirements.
- Publish accurate month end financials.
- Review monthly close for your location and provide support for monthly journal entries required including revenue, MHE, supplies, temp labor, travel, etc.
- Review, approval, support and tracking of spend of all capital expenditures that relate to assigned locations.
- Review, approval, understanding of all new business within assigned locations. Including:
- Review of financial summaries and all supporting detail with engineering, ops and business development
- Tracking of actual results and identification of deviations to assumptions per pricing
- Ongoing modeling of updates to new business as scope changes
- Accurately reporting of new business to operation, business development and within SAP
- Tracking of launch budgets associated with new business
- Correct accounting for new business in line with accounting manual
- Mid month updates
- Ownership of all Accounts receivable, latest status and next steps for assigned customers and locations.
- Identification of escalation contacts within customer AP group as well as internally within business and initiate communication and resolution of issues.
- Understand invoicing status of each customer assigned and rectify backlog or any other issues that surface.
- Prepare monthly package and coordinate review of locationfinancial results with operations and Director/VP of finance with explanation of variances to mid-month, LV, budget, etc.
- Drive ownership and accountability within locations and senior management of numbers by location.
- Review and understand collection forecast for assigned customers that support weekly cash flow submission
- Ownership and tracking of all fixed assets and leases within your location including updates to ZLAM, asset tagging, understanding of lease end dates and future investment in leases and fixed asset strategy.
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 7-10 years of hands-on, operationally focused financeexperience
- Experience in a warehousing environment preferred
- SAP & BPC experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of principles and practices used in accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools – especially Excel
- Team Player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.