As a Business Controller, you will be responsible for directing the financial activities related to the operations of the two sites and act as Business Partner to general and local managers. You will be responsible for submitting budgets, forecasts, and analysis of operations and insure compliance with corporate policy and accepted accounting practices. In addition, you will assemble the required reporting to the parent corporation on a monthly basis or as needed.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Act as business partner to the site general manager
* Member of operations management team.
* Analyze financial statements and operational cost for comparison to budget and forecast with focus on absorption levels in the facilities. Highlight any trends that require attention or correction and work to implement improvements.
* Monitor and drive improvements in net working capital.
* Coordinate input from various operations departments to prepare budgets and forecasts as required.
* Responsible for preparation of all monthly and annual financialreports.
* Audit all plant financial operations to insure compliance with corporate policy and good accounting practices.
* Supervise local accounting functions.
* Respond to unusual situations which dictate spontaneous and out of the ordinary solutions.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
5-7 years of experience working with cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting and preparation of financial statements.
Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Strong communications skills.