The Business Continuity Program Manager is responsible for improvement, maintenance and implementation of the Bank’s business continuity program. The program consists of the information and procedures required to enable rapid recovery of business services from a significant event resulting in damage, loss, disruption or destruction of property and/or service which would require action beyond the normal problem resolution procedures. It also includes crisis management processes and procedures needed to provide enterprise decision making and communications during disruptive events and lessen impacts to the Bank.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate degreerequired
- Certified Business Continuity Professional or other industry certification preferred
- Five+ years of Business Continuity experience overall, 10+ years professional experience
- Crisis Management experience
- Banking experiencepreferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solver
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor under stress
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Regular analysis, update and reporting of the Bank’s business continuity program. This includes:
- Develop business recovery strategies that meet the needs of the Bank.
- Develop and update business function, facility and technology availability risk assessments. Document gaps and accepted risks.
- Work with business function managers in a consultative manner to maintain department plans that meet recovery objectives.
- Work with Senior Leaders and Executives in a consultative manner to maintain resiliency readiness.
- Coordinate and lead bank participation in annual test with core banking service provider.
- Evaluate third-party services providers with respect to crisis response activities and equipment.
- Perform third-party risk management activities (e.g. site visits) as necessary.
- Validate critical third-party service provider recovery strategies and objectives.
- Facilitate and validate line of business testing.
- Facilitate and validate facility management life safety, evacuation and generator testing.
- Facilitate and validateinformation technologynetwork and system failover, redundancy and recovery testing.
- Establish and maintain an enterprise-wide crisis management program.
- Develop necessary documentation and forms and review the input of others that contribute to plan documents.
- In the event of a crisis, engage designated management and responders, and assist in response and recovery process. Coordinate internal (e.g. with management and executive management teams) and external (e.g publication relations firm, insurance carriers, etc.) communications.
- Create training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Maintain emergency notification service and associated information.