Business Continuity Planning Coordinator (Manager)
Responsible for designing, developing, updating, administrating, testing, implementing supporting, maintaining, and training of the Business Continuity Plan, (?BCP?) and Disaster Recovery Plan (?DRP?) for the Bank. Ensure an effective bank-wide BCP/DRP governance framework that is consistent with the applicable regulatory requirements and industry best practices/standards. Ensure that the BCP and DRP are developed, maintained and adhered to across the Bank. Assume ownership and management of the overall business recovery process so that the Bank is appropriately prepared for and can respond to unexpected disruptions to normal activities.
JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide very complex project leadership between information technology department and other critical business units, emphasizing regular direct communication with application support management.
- Responsible for BCP and DRP efforts focusing on assuring the adequacy of business unit contingency plans for critical business areas, functions and applications. To maintain continued operations, asset protection, and loss mitigation in the event of a disruption, coordinating activities of technology resources with the with the Bank?s business units and development groups, as required.
- Establish and maintain a prudent risk assessment framework which include, but not limited to: i) Dedicated workspace need analysis, ii) Geographic Risk backup sites, iii) Concentration of personnel, iv) Cybersecuritythreats (DDOS, Malware), etc.
- Manage the implementation and day-to-day functions relating to create business continuity plans and procedures, while also managing the business continuity operations within the Bank. Coordinate and facilitate all BCP and DRP activities.
- Update and monitor BCP and DRP for current systems, environment, and providers. Assess service providers RTOs/SLAs to internal requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring each business unit?s recovery plan is practical and effective. Assist the business units in enhancing, formalizing and standardizing the business planning process, including forecasting and tracking mechanisms to facilitate timely accommodation of future bank recovery requirements and opportunities.
- Schedule and conduct planning update meetings across all departments and with the BCP Team members, as required.
- Perform Bank-wide Business Impact Assessment (BIA) for all business function which include but not limited to, Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs), etc.
- Ensure maintenance of the plan through periodic review with each department manager and ascertain the plan and program effectiveness periodically (semi-annually).
- Develop and give overview presentations internally and provide training to senior management and employees to ensure continued awareness.
- Schedule, attend, coordinate and conduct periodic comprehensive testing (including with third parties): Document problems, assign and resolve problem with each area or individual(s) and monitor to ensure correction. The testing should also include cyberevents.
- Keep abreast of all applicable regulatory banking rules and regulations relating to BCP, DRP and others.
- Perform all departmental administrative activities, including staffing, reporting budgeting, strategic planning, expense processing, documentation, and other activities, as assigned, in a timely manner.
- Responsible for both internal and external reports for the senior management, the Board of Directors, the Parent Bank, the regulatory agencies on the BCP related matters.
- Enhance employee?s knowledge and understanding of job responsibilities through continuous communication and on the job training. Training should focus on establishing high quality/accuracy of work
- Perform all duties and responsibilitiesas assigned by management.
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent in computer science, or accounting or management.
- 7-10 years of breadth of exposure to operations production and technology environment within the financial services industry and/or BCP industry.
- Reasonable depth of exposure /understanding of BC/DR management and best practices based on applicable banking industry requirements.
- Strong in analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact with regulators, members of the Board of Directors and internal senior management.
- Exceptional ability to remain calm under stress.
- Excellent team skills, both as a team leader and as a team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
- Excellent management skills,