This position serves as a senior subject matter expert and is responsible for assisting the Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) Planning Manager for the contingency and recovery planning, development, execution, and day-to-day management of the bank's Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery(BC/DR) strategy program.
- Assists the BC/DR Manager with project management, monitoring, and coordination of procedures used to evaluate and control continuity risk. Partners with the BC/DR Analyst in a senior expert capacity on the maintenance of a sound continuity-focused, operational risk management framework.
- Maintain the business impact analysis that identifies and prioritizes business functions, departments, processes, dependencies, applications, and other factors that define the business and IT processes in the applicable region or assigned business units.
- Perform risks assessments for both internal functions and vendor controls that address the specific business continuity and disaster recovery risks and incorporate into the overall IT and enterprise risk ratings and architecture.
- Perform gap analysis of documented business continuity and disaster recovery strategies to actual recovery scenarios and revise plans accordingly
- Manage and perform in business continuity and disaster recovery tests including, but not limited to, call tree exercises, testing policies/procedures, tabletop walkthroughs, functional tests, integrated tests, workspace recovery, pandemic, vendor related and crisis management exercises. Assist in documenting actual event recovery and provide incident analysis to management.
- Develop, analyze and finalize documented business continuity and disaster recovery plans that address the recovery needs of the enterprise that include all necessary components as required by regulatory requirements and generally accepted practices. Participate and contribute to emergency management plans, training and awareness initiatives, incident response plans, crisis communications, and workspace recovery in line with the needs of the enterprise
- Provide revisions to the BC/DR plans and testing program based upon changes in business operations, audit recommendations, business and application impact analysis, and risk assessments based on process changes and test results. Support and contribute to plans, documentation, deliverables, and recommended improvements for all projects involving the BC/DR Team.
- Use of business continuity and disaster recovery planning tools including, but not limited to, automated notification systems (i.e. Everbridge) and business continuity management planning software (i.e. RPX, LDRPS) with all associated modules as they relate to risk assessment, business impact analysis, crisis management, and other BC/DR services
- Support the BC/DR aspect of various audits, assessments, etc. to ensure that all outstanding findings and gaps are resolved by IT and the business. Monitor the effectiveness of corrective actions and recommending cost-effective preventive measures to preclude recurrences
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Business Management, or seven years of related experience required
- Three to five years' of related experience in the Banking or Financial Service industry required (over five years preferred).
- Knowledge & skills typically resulting from five to seven years' related experience in Crisis Management and Business Continuity and Disaster Continuity Planning required.
- Experience in supervising small groups of (1-5) employees preferred
- Certified training in business continuity and/or disaster recovery solutions and practices a plus (i.e. CBCP, ABCP, CBCI, BCCP, CBRM, CBRITP, etc.)
- The ability to travel (drive or fly) regionally and nationally on an occasional basis required
- Hands-on work experience in writing regulatory compliance level documentation and/or technical plans
- Requires oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers, including management and staff at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical teams
- Hands-on experience with business continuity planning and notification tools
- Ability to obtain working knowledge of the organization, to develop a clear understanding of the company's key functional processes and resources, and to influence the organization in integrating business continuity measures and practices
- Work experience in computer support, compliance, governance, audit, risk management, or IT operations
- Ability to work occasional overtime, evenings and/or weekend due to incident response and disaster recover testing