This Disaster Recovery Planning Officer is responsible for assisting in the development, deployment, systems administration, and day-to-day relationship management of the bank's business continuity and process disaster recovery planning strategy program.
- Maintains the business impact analysis that identifies and prioritizes business functions, departments, processes, dependencies, applications, and other factors that define the business and its IT processes.
- Manages and maintains the application impact analysis that establishes the recovery time objective and enterprise applications based on dependencies and risks to business processes.
- Performs assessments for both internal functions and vendor controls that address the specific business continuity and disaster recovery risks and incorporate into the overall IT and enterprise risk ratings and architecture.
- Performs gap analysis of documented disaster recovery strategies to actual recovery scenarios and revises plans accordingly.
- Provides disaster recovery and disruptive event plans that addresses the recovery needs of the enterprise which includes all necessary components as required by regulatory requirements and generally accepted practices. Manages and contributes to emergency management plans, incident response plans, crisis communications, and workspace recovery in line with the needs of the enterprise.
- Use business continuity and disaster recovery (BC/DR) planning tools including, but not limited to, automated notification systems (i.e. Everbridge) and business continuity management planning software (i.e. RPX, LDRPS) with all associated modules as they relate to risk assessments, business impact analysis, crisis management, and other BC/DR services. Supports project plans and documentation for all projects involving the BC/DR Team.
- Assists in training and awareness initiatives around disaster recovery concepts as it relates to employees in the company.
- Manages the testing, procedures, and frequency policies based on enterprise risk and functional priorities.
- Manages and performs disaster recovery tests including, but not limited to, call tree exercises, tabletop walkthroughs, functional tests, integrated tests, workspace recovery, pandemic, and crisis management exercises.
- Administers the documentation of actual event recovery and provide incident analysis to management.
- Provides revisions to BC/DR plans and testing programs based upon changes in business operations, audit recommendations, and test results. Provide revisions to the business and application impact analysis and risk assessments based on process changes, acquisitions, upgrades and other changes. Contributes to all deliverables and recommended improvements resulting from the work performed as part of BC/DR projects.
- Monitors the effectiveness of corrective actions and recommending cost-effective preventive measures to preclude recurrences.
- Supports the BC/DR aspect of various audits, assessments, etc. to ensure that all outstanding findings and gaps are resolved by IT and the business.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Business Management, or ten years of related experience required
- Five to ten years' of related experience in the Banking or Financial Service industry required (ten years or more preferred).
- Knowledge & skills typically resulting ten or more years' related experience in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning required.
- Work experience in computer support, compliance, governance, audit, risk management, or IT operations preferred
- Certified training in business continuity and/or disaster recovery solutions and practices required (i.e. CBCP, ABCP, CBCI, BCCP, CBRM, CBRITP, etc.)
- The ability to travel (drive or fly) regionally and nationally required
- Hands-on work experience in writing regulatory compliance level documentation and/or technical plans
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills, and project management skills
- Requires oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers, including management and staff at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to obtain working knowledge of the organization, to develop a clear understanding of the company's key functional processes and resources, and to influence the organization in integrating business continuity measures and practices
- Ability to work occasional overtime, evenings and/or weekend due to incident response and disaster recover testing