The Business Continuity Consultant role is responsible for contributing to and supporting business recovery goals of the organization by providing recommendations, solutions to the organization. This role will execute Vendor (third party) risk assessment as a primary area of focus and will include business continuity, continuity program management, business / technology continuity governance, and other areas as assigned. Work closely with the Enterprise Security Services Vendor Risk Assessment to ensure vendor continuity and resiliency plans are aligned with business.
- Oversee the risk acceptance process focusing on business continuity and recovery concerns and participate in the review and enhancement of the vendor assessment processes. Ensure risks are documented and accepted at the correct level of the organization.
- Consult with lines of business on business continuity processes and capabilities in order to properly assess a vendor’s recovery strategies and determine vendor risk. Properly identify vendor risks and provide a risk summary rating. Provide proper context to the business on requirements to resolve vendor risks.
- Execute and maintain the Business Impact Analysis to ensure the business continuity program is aligned with and supportive of critical business functions.
- Execute and maintain enterprise-level business continuity strategies and plans. Ensure consistent documentation of business continuity plans and procedures across the enterprise -10%
- Design, implement and improve cross-functional programs that enable the recovery of critical business functions and systems. Define, document and implement specific business continuity processes (process flows, roles and responsibilities, supporting documents and procedures).
- Plan, conduct, and evaluate Business Continuity exercises including those with vendors to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies. Update procedures and plans regularly.
- Mature business continuity program capabilities and develop new strategies and capabilities as needs are identified.
- Utilize enterprise-wide business continuity planning tool and vendor risk assessment tools to document findings and risks.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of applicable experience
- Strong understanding of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery concepts
- Self-starter and able to thrive in a highly dynamic, collaborative environment
- Excellent planning, organizational, negotiation and client service skills
- Previous business and/or project experience
- Demonstrated ability to maximize relationships in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated bias for action and driving change
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with and influence at all levels, including senior management
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- An understanding of the functionalities of RSA Archer Tools and how they operate
- Experience with regulated industries (utility, healthcare, financial sectors, etc)
- Security or Risk-related certifications (CRISC, CISSP, CISA, etc.)
- Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII): ABCP, CBCP or MBCP or Business Continuity Institute (BCI): CBCI or MBCI
- At least 2 years of applicable vendor risk assessment preferred.
- At least 2 years of Business Continuity experience preferred.
- At least 2 years of IT disaster recovery experience preferred.