Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, as Project Manager - Marketing & Sales, are to:
- Provide sole responsibility for (sub-) project management of consulting projects (worldwide across all Bayer Subgroups) for the Marketing and Sales practice. Includes international and cross-sectorial scope and corresponding strategic importance. Hierarchical allocation of projects usually at the level of department manager;
- Own project scope, team management, deliverables, and client relationships;
- Lead in developing effective analytical and scientific assessments and programs for clients; Lead other strategy and operations management efforts;
- Oversee workshop design, preparation, and facilitation;
- Manage project organization with multiple sub-teams, partly with other departments and external consultants;
- Oversee content management of these (sub-) projects: Procedure, Concept, recommendations with regard to content;
- Provide representation for the respective Senior Project Manager, Associate Principal or Principal with respect to clients (i.e. presentation in steering committees);
- Supporting the marketing of the Business Consulting service spectrum / project acquisition.
Domestic Relocation Assistance is available as well as Visa Sponsorship.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD / doctorate with 4-12 years experience in Marketing and Sales, or University degree (Masters) with 9 or more years experience in Marketing and Sales, or an MBA with 4-10 years experience in Marketing and Sales, ideally in the management consulting area;
- Solid knowledge of the department's expertise in the area of Marketing and Sales;
- Solid knowledge or understanding of at least one of the relevant Bayer industries: Pharma, Consumer Health, Crop Science;
- Demonstrated record of working independently and achieving measurable results;
- Strong understanding of general business processes (accounting, finance, marketing, manufacturing, supply chain etc.);
- Leadership and influencing skills and experience; ability to deal with senior client management in often complex situations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proven project management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Outstanding analytical, conceptual and implementation skills; initiative, persuasiveness and a strong team spirit;
- Proven experience in a highly client-driven environment, coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude to deliver effective, value-add solutions;
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as required;
- Driver's license valid for travel in the U.S.
- Experience in and promotion to Project Manager (or equivalent) at a leading management consulting practice strongly preferred.