About the Role
The Business Consultant will primarily be tasked with providing existing Rental Management Clients with data-driven insights about their business and performance in order to grow account spend on listing and advertising products. Core to success will be consultative, solutions-oriented conversations related to listing strategy, content quality, lead conversion, advertising ROI and exploratory solutions to scale business operations and lower vacancy rates. The role requires an individual who is hyper-passionate about client success and retention, effective at mining revenue opportunities, and willing to be an internal advocate for client needs. Your daily tasks will include:
- Maintain and grow an assigned book of business in accordance with assigned net growth goals
- Acquire new RMC clients through a mix of proactive outreach and inbound lead nurturing
- Review campaign and performance reporting to extract insights and opportunities that drive strong customer relationships and upsell opportunities (additional portfolio buildings and/or ad products)
- Speak with confidence about the StreetEasy search experience, product suite and the rental landscape in general
- Provide client training and education via telephone and/or in person meetings
- Proactively prevent cancellation of revenue by identifying at-risk clients and coach for improved performance
- Coordinate with appropriate departments to ensure completion of customer service issues within a timely manner
- Continuously identify and recommend opportunities for improved efficiency within team processes
- Take a leadership role to coordinate efforts between other cross-functional teams as necessary. Position works with Sales, Marketing, Customer Support and Strategy teams.
About the team
The Rental sales team will establish a consultative approach to educate landlords, rental management companies and/or marketers on their portfolio marketing spend, implement adoption of platform products, share business operations best practices, and drive business growth for both the client and Zillow Group. The position operates in a fast-paced, strategic and collaborative environment and provides an opportunity to positively impact revenue within a huge growth division of the company. Support and Strategy teams.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- 3+ years in sales, sales planning or client-facing account management role.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong client partnerships through consultative communication.
- Ability to present, negotiate and close sales.
- Excellent problem solving, negotiation, persuasion and time management skills.
- Data-driven, upbeat, professionally curious, self-motivated, with a strong desire to achieve top results with a “can-do” attitude.
- Experience in real estate / advertising / online-media environment is preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- SalesForce or other CRM experience is preferred.