The main objectives for a Business Consultant are to
• Understand, document, and align technology solutions to meet business requirements
• Apply a broad knowledge of IT and business concepts to anticipate organizational impacts
• Communicate IT capabilities to the business and leadership teams
• Strengthen our relationship with the business and leadership teams
• Provide initial Key User training and consult on projects
• Improve the Trade promotion solution for our Consumer Goods business
What we offer
- Partner with the business, IT, and leadership teams to determine user requirements, assess available technologies, recommend options, design, document, and implement solutions that meet or exceed the needs of the organization
- Lead, manage, and implement large projects
- Monitor and report project status to management
- Identify issues that may inhibit the successful implementation of project goals
- Continuously research, communicate, and actively pursue technical trends in the organization’s industry that will increase revenue or lower operating costs.
- Write functional specifications for enhancements
- Work closely with out sourcing partner on developments
- Perform functional testing on assigned systems
- Serve as a resource for the training for key users upon installation of the new/modified systems
- Provide written/verbal updates as required and participate in regularly scheduled meetings
- Be the first contact to triage issues reported in the NA region, before passing on to the global team.
- Attend the GGB (Global Governance Board) meetings as NA representative
- Evaluate Key User requests for new applications or enhanced application functionality to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system landscape
Who we are looking for
- Excellent business and technical knowledge in SAP CRM – TradePromotions Management
- Know NA TradePromotions best practice for the Consumer Product Goods (CPG)
- Basic knowledge of data and how to use with SAP BW reporting / BEX analyzer
- Good sales background, paired with a basic financial knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express technical concepts in business terms
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, conceptual, and design skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional / global project teams and foster a team environment; ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Must be able to lead and manage large projects (over $25,000 €) using appropriate project management skills and following a provided Project Management Methodology.
- Technical expert regarding best practices and technologies
- Excellent knowledge of project management techniques
- Identify issues, their root-cause and help driving them to a solution
- 4-year college degree (Bachelor’s) in Information Systems
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Information Technology
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing business analysis and design in Trade Promotion Management in the Retail Industry.
- Demonstrated excellence, proven project history, and considered functional/business expert in SAP CRM – TradePromotions, with a financial background.