Business Consultant, (Sales Support)
Less than 5 years experience • Advertising & Marketing Services
Catalina’s personalized digital media connects shoppers to the brands we know they want. We do this by delivering only the most relevant ads and offers from their home to the aisle. And only Catalina knows the evolving purchase history and individual needs of more than three-quarters (280 million) of American shoppers. With the world’s largest shopper purchase history database driving personalized media across our networks, Catalina drives lift and loyalty for the world’s leading retailers and CPG brands. We target consumers with the right behavior-based message when it’s most impactful via the channel that’s most likely to reach them — digital or in the store.
Catalina, the leader in personalized digital media, seeks a Business Consultant – Marketing Promotions to join our dynamic cross-functional team. The Business Consultant – Marketing Promotions is responsible for estimating, designing and executing promotional programs that incentivize consumer point-of-purchase decisions for Catalina’s manufacturing/CPG and retail clients. Through the use of print and digital coupons and other advertising tools, Catalina programs deliver results to our clients by driving trial, loyalty, and volume purchases. We have an unparalleled ability to target precise segments of consumers based on their own shopper history, and our use of data-driven analytics and insights sets us apart from our competition.
The Business Consultant – Marketing Promotions is a key SalesSupport / Project Manager role and will work closelywith our Sales team to estimate and design promotional programs that ignite growth for our clients.
The Business Consultant will also work closelywith our Media Operations and Analytics cross-functional team to execute marketingcampaigns and create the results presentations to our clients.
Key responsibilities include consulting withSalesDirectors, working with the cross functional team to identify insights that align to stated client objectives, developing the campaign design estimate based on best practices and historical learnings, analyzing data to design optimal programs, managing the multiple UPC files required for insights, execution, measurement and third party analysis, performing campaign management, and delivering results based on predicted outcomes. The Business Consultant will provide a comprehensive campaign package including insights, campaign design estimate, client proposal summary, and the campaign brief and measurement plan to the SalesDirector to help them grow our business with new and existing clients. As a partner withSales, the Business Consultant will help SalesDirectors with data mining for insights, presentation creation, client invoicing, and problem resolution. Additionally, the Business Consultant will communicate across the value chain to all functional areas and manage the campaign from start to finish. Further, the Business Consultant will coordinate with Analytics for auto measurement, in-flight optimization and third party measurement.
The ideal candidate understands the power of marketing programs and is excited to design best-in-class promotional campaigns for CPG manufacturers and retailers. This person is results-focused, and seeks to understand when programs underperform. They thrive on continuous improvement and process, love using data to inform their work, and have a service mind-set. They are analytical and detail-oriented, able to work as part of a team, and possess exceptional communication skills.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Set-up, execute, manage, optimize, and report results for promotional campaigns purchased by our clients
- Pull data insights based on client objectives using Proprietary Systems with direction from the SalesDirector
- Consult with Analytics and Sales on optimal program design recommendations. Design the optimal campaign based on client-defined KPIs leveraging best practices, coupled with historical learnings
- Deliver client investment package consisting of campaign design estimate, outcomes and measurement plan
- Create and manage varying sets of targeting lists (insights, estimation, execution, and measurement)
- Updatesales opportunity in Salesforce.com, document, post and manage artifacts to persistent records. Manage analytic log in collaboration with Analytics.
- Work collaborativelywithSales, Analytics, Media Services and the Performance Marketing team to deliver against predicted outcomes
- Manage, communicate and monitor end-to-end process to deliver against client investment
- Perform project management tasks such as managing timelines, prioritizing critical path work, ensuring tasks are completed and moving per plan and according to deadlines.
- Set-up automated measurement and monitor weekly progress, reporting status to SalesDirector and Analytics
- Collaborate with Analytics and Sales to conduct weekly in-flight optimization
- Manage workflow collaboration across teams to ensure client investment is on track, executed flawlessly and completed on time
- Communicate campaign status via collaboration tools to multiple stakeholders (Sales, Media Services, and Analytics).
- Notify Sales of any barriers to delivering against promised client investment outcomes.
- Manage invoices and notify SalesDirectors of payment status/slow pays.
- Develop contracts based on approved client investment and deliver documentation to SalesDirector and Contracts Department
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- EDUCATION: College degreerequired; marketing and business degrees preferred
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3years Catalina experience in Media Services, Analytics or SalesSupport (Manager, Business Development) required or 5years’ industry experience in Promotions, Advertising, Marketing or Campaign Management
- Lean, Agile or Quality Certification desired but not required
- Marketing background and understanding of marketing frameworks and tools
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, multitask in a fast paced environment, work in teams and be flexible
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills; data analysis, brand management
- Cross functional collaboration and influencing skills
- Solid verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of Power Point, Excel, and Word; Experience using Salesforce.com is helpful
- Customer Focus (customer orientation; responsiveness; build partnerships internally; handle difficult situations)
- Communication (listening skills; speaking and writing skills)
- Results Orientation (display sense of urgency and persistence until goals are met; motivated by results; apply problem-solving skills to overcome obstacles)
- Innovation (create and foster change; creative problem-solving – analytic and strategic thinking; decision-making)
- Exceptional Personal Qualities (honesty, integrity; self-confidence; maturity, manageability; thoroughness; conviction; learning; realistic)
- Drive for Success (entrepreneurial; display initiative; accountability/ownership)
- Influence Skills (persuasive; assertive; effective communicator; straightforwardness/candor)
- Execution, attention to details, highly collaborative
CATALINA’S CORE VALUES (REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB)
Be a trusted partner: Act with integrity and positive intent
Focus on the customer: Keep the needs of both internal and external customers as well as consumers front and center
Act like an owner: Think holistically about how your role helps fulfill our Mission
Be innovative: Share and scale the best ideas regardless of origin
Strive for simplicity: Add meaning and eliminate complexity
Value personal and professional growth: Contribute to an environment that enables individual, team and organizational success
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.