Our employees tell us they love working for a global organization focused on collaboration, teamwork, and customer outcomes. Since 1979, QAD has provided solutions and services for customers in the automotive, consumer products, food and beverage, high technology, industrial and life sciences industries so they can better align daily operations with their strategic goals. We offer an amazing culture and comprehensive suite of health and wellness benefits so that employees can focus on helping customers reach our vision for them: the Effective Enterprise. As a Business Consultant with our North American Region, you will leverage consultative and relationship building selling techniques to identify Customer ERP opportunities within QAD’s Global Strategic Accounts Team and demonstrate creative ways QAD solution can resolve customer operational challenges. Assist Global Account Managers in positioning our products and highlighting QAD functionality. Empower customers to achieve an Effective Enterprise using QAD solutions. Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Business Consulting: Lead & manage communication to customers Sr. business owners. Liaise customer’s strategic requirements with application of QAD solutions and resulting opportunities. Identify challenge areas and assist in providing a path toward operational excellence and improvement. Become the customers trusted advisor. Encourage customers to engage in our yearly QAD Explore, participate in regional user group organizations and highlight their success in published case studies. Drives QAD Customer Engagement process in assigned customers and engagements.
- Solution opportunity & planning: Maintain knowledge of customer’s application portfolio. Develop roadmap for future state application portfolio; determine its value and build a business case and rationale to present to customer. Assist Global Services in building high-level implementation plan for solution delivery. Participate in development of global account strategy. Reviews programs against determined value-delivery and desired solutions.
- Supply chain/business process assessment: Maintain up-to-date knowledge of key business processes and trends of assigned industries; articulate best-in-class practices and solutions. Conduct/oversee business process assessments; review results and discuss in account team prior to submission to customer. Identify issues of current state and determine process resolution concepts. Define required application design; describe implementation roadmap.
- “Post-sale” consulting: Oversee and keep current on ongoing QAD programs at customer. Review project status and advise account team and project managers. Advocate customer’s requirements with QAD and vice versa. Review programs against determined value delivery and desired solutions. Anticipate potential risk areas and provide mitigation plans; manage escalation communication. Validates Outcomes of prior business cases and initiatives.
- Discuss and position benefits of Customer Engagement process with customer; identify engagement opportunities; support account team in definition of engagement plan.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Fluency in English is required, a plus if you speak an additional language
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years manufacturing experience (In any field Finance, Production, Quality, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Engineering) work experience can be considered instead of degree.
- APICS certifications or similar (CPIM, CSCP,PMP) preferred.
- QAD ERP strongly preferred
- Travel overnight an average of 2-3 nights per week
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.