The Business Consultant is part of the global Micro Focus Software team providing consulting services, sales support, and best practices guidance to customers and internal teams across the Micro Focus suite of archiving, compliance, and eDiscovery solutions. We are seeking a self-driven candidate with a track record of employing strong business and technology skills, to orchestrate the delivery of creative solutions that generate and accelerate business value to Micro Focus customers with Micro Focus’s industry leading archiving suite of products. The ideal candidate would be joining a hyper-focused team supporting a global customer base and must be capable of assuming tasks and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Ideal candidates will have experience working in financial services, enterprise information archiving, and/or compliance in a customer facing role, with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Act to develop and embed the Micro Focus Go to Market (GTM) strategy across the business.
- Work with Sales, Client Services and Managed Services to support/identify new opportunities and help develop/drive account strategies and customer retention plans.
- Build processes and materials to support customer integrations, proof of concepts (POC) and product demonstrations.
- Ability to engage and earn trust of senior members of Micro Focus partners and customers.
- Prepare draft amendments for legal review and provide input to produce required documentation for new services, extensions and renewals.
- Develop product knowledge to help define new opportunities and input to product roadmaps based on customer feedback and market knowledge.
- Create bespoke proposals based on customer requirements and in accordance with Micro Focus business processes and solutions.
- Act as a liaison between customer and technical solutions/support groups, using advanced communication skills to elicit, document, analyze, and validate customer requirements.
- Create sales proposals highlighting ROI of Micro Focus services and products.
- Evaluate and model pricing proposals for new and existing offerings.
- Operate as a team member supporting a global consulting and sales operation to advise on methods to improve business processes through interaction with deal desk, sales operations, revenue operations and finance teams ensuring alignment on opportunities and supporting reporting, quoting and booking processes.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline and a minimum of 10 years of experience in the compliance, financial services, or information governance; or a Master's or JD degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience in the information governance, financial services, or compliance industry.
Key Competencies and Accomplishments
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with senior-level business partners and advise worldwide and regional management in the successful implementation of existing processes and Micro Focus solution capabilities recommendations.
- Ability to handle multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Data-driven with a commitment to process; drive/track consistent engagement process.
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities.
- Provide thought leadership and program management for initiatives that significantly change the business models.
- Must have a solid understanding of business and contract management principles, financial expertise and strategic planning methods.
- Proven customer-oriented attitude; willing and able to address escalated customer issues with speed and urgency.
- Passion for working for customers; understanding their diverse needs, being their voice, while balancing what is best for the business.
- Experience successfully working with senior (C-level) executives.
- Management consulting experience highly desired.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status