What we need:
Cetera Financial Group’s (CFG) Business Consulting organization plays a critical role in supporting the organic growth of our affiliated advisors’ businesses. The team drives the adoption of a disciplined approach to practice management and business development, the creation of a holistic wealth management process, and ultimately the ability of financial advisors deliver an Advice Centric Experience as CEOs of their businesses. The Senior Business Consultant leverages industry best practices designed to drive revenue growth, advisor profitability and office efficiency, customizing these ideas to an advisor’s specific needs. The Senior Business Consultant will first diagnose areas of practice improvement through Pentameter™ – CFG’s award-winning business consulting and practice management platform – and then help advisors both build an action plan to achieve stated goals, and execute that plan to successful completion.
What you will do:
- Perform in-depth assessments of the health of a CFG advisors’ business across key areas of Business Development, Operational Efficiency, Human Capital, Business Management, and Succession Planning
- Identify areas of development and opportunities for each advisor client to leverage CFG resources, including in-house consulting tools, research and Subject Matter Experts, to address the unique needs of each financial advisor’s business.
- Help advisors set realistic, obtainable business goals and devise strategies to help them successfully execute against goals
- Support the diversification of CFG advisors’ businesses by effectively positioning and driving adoption of a broad suite of product and advice centric solutions
- Increase same-store sales growth through multiple initiatives
- Act as an escalation point for other Business Consultants who need assistance working with advisors
- Collaborate with other home-office specialists and internal consulting Subject Matter Experts to effectively convert business development and product expansion opportunities with individual advisors
- Field, analyze and make recommendations on advisor requests for capital for business development initiatives
- Drive the institutionalization of the firm’s understanding of its financial advisors’ business through disciplined use of CFG’s CRM system
What you need to have:
- Minimum on 8-10 years of experience in the financial services industry, specifically a brokerage firm.
- Preferred backgrounds include previous experience as a financial advisor, external wholesaler, business/practice management consultant, or broker/dealer advisory or product sales roles
- Experience working with independent financial advisors across affiliation channels (Bank & Credit Union, Regional OSJ structure, CPA advisors, Solo/Silo/Ensemble practices, etc)
- Deep understanding of the common practice management challenges and hurdles that inhibit the growth of independent advisory practices
- Demonstrated ability to effect positive change within an independent financial advisor’s business
- Minimum educational level of a B.A. with a preferred focus in economics, finance, or business
- FINRASeries 7 & 66 licenses and insurance license required
- Proven track record as a relationship manager with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in service and ability to hold advisors accountable
- Broad-based knowledge of advisory, annuity, alternative investments, and insurance products and their roles in the design of financial planning solutions
- 20% travel per month
What we give you in return:
Our competitive Health program offers a comprehensive benefits package that supports healthy lifestyles, preventative care and helps to protect against hardship. Our retirement plan offers our employees the opportunity to plan ahead for a strong financial future well beyond their working years.