The primary focus of the Business Consultant role will be on new business development by leveraging sales strategies and plans to grow the Molex Transcend market share within the following:
- Traditional Bid Spec Market-New Client Acquisition: look for opportunities where end customers are interested in creating more value out of their spaces
- Design Build Market: developing partnerships with key ecosystem business units such as Architects, Engineers, Consultants, General Contractors, other sub trades, and end-users
- Building a network of ecosystem partners and Systems integrators across the geography
- Educate & train ecosystem partners on the Transcend solution
- Engage with and utilize sales/BD resources from ecosystem partners to build a healthy pipeline and gain new opportunities (Cisco, fixture partners, existing distributors & systems integrators)
- Bachelor’s degree with 6 or more years or the following experience OR no degree with 10 or more years of the following experience:
- Operational experience from concept design through commissioning and service with building technology systems
- High-level of understanding on System Integration trends and offerings– Collaborative Decision Making, Smart/Connected buildings
- Technical understanding of building solutions including lighting, building automation, active and passive networking, other connected systems.
- Experience working with customers, governmental agencies, engineering firms and consultants in writing and/or evaluating specifications
- Strong network and connections with key decision makers across levels.
- Proven track record within a complex, challenging and technological market environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communications skills at all levels, from site sub-contractors to senior business leadership
- Clearly articulate value and demonstrate how solutions map to a customers’ needs.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships and a collaborative, teaming environment within and across functional organizations
- Extensive travel required