The Business Consultant is a practitioner with deep Accounts Payable, Procurement, Performance Management or Change Management experience, with a passion for helping a diverse array of enterprise organizations adopt cloud-based Sourcing, Purchasing and/or Accounts Payable solutions. The consultant will be a member of the North America Professional Services Department.
You'll have the opportunity to work in a blended environment of leading Source-to-Pay technologies and customer service professionals to create significant business value for our customers by simplifying and automating procurement and accounts payable processes and by unlocking the benefits of connected commerce through the Basware Network.
As a Business Consultant, you'll utilize your passion for driving change, and your expertise in Sourcing, Purchasing and/or Accounts Payable to define and deliver successful business outcomes for our customers, often with diverse needs and circumstances. The Business Consultant will lead and advise customers to success by working to identify the customer's desired business outcomes and measures by which success can be defined, leading detailed discussions to evaluate and then determine how value will be delivered utilizing Basware assets, and by building, monitoring and renewing strategies to drive adoption by the customer, and successfully deliver the desired change.
The Business Consultant will draw on individual expertise and research skills to help Basware and our customers understand best practices across Source-to-Pay, and as a trusted customer advocate, will work towards the long-term success of our customers by proactively promoting ways to maximize benefits of the solutions in use.
Internally, as an expert in any of our key domains (Procurement, Accounts Payable, Performance Management), the Business Consultant will help shape the knowledge, practices and methodologies used by Basware and across the Business Consulting practice.
You'll work with our Advisory Services team at Basware, and will join our dynamic Customer Services organization offering many opportunities for your professional development. You will work in close cooperation with pre-sales, solution architecture, solution delivery and customer service management teams to shape and deliver leading customer experience in Source-to-Pay, while applying business domain expertise to accelerate benefit realization, manage complex business challenges and help our customers with realizing change and business transformation objectives.
BASIC JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Indirectly lead, manage, and mentor a cross-functional team of managers responsible for the department's Project Managers, Implementation Consultants, Technical Consultants and/or other assigned PSO personnel.
- Deliver consistently high levels of client success and satisfaction.
- Optimize team member utilization to balance client success with revenue flow.
- Continuously innovate and refine processes/tools/techniques to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of the team.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
- Defining business outcomes, success measures and developing strategies to ensure our customers meet or exceed them.
- Leading detailed discussions, evaluation exercises and workshops to determine business needs, translate them to workable solutions and establish change management needs.
- Leading the design of business processes to support Source-to-Pay solutions delivered to our customers.
- Working with a range of stakeholders to determine the most appropriate solutions to address business, performance or operational needs.
- Creating transition plans from the current solution to the new cloud-based Basware solution.
- Building financial impact analysis and business cases to support Basware and customer decision making.
- Evaluating the maturity and performance of our customers' Source-to-Pay operations using relevant methodologies and Business Intelligence tools, and proactively proposing solutions to mature the customer from a multitude of perspectives (technology, process, people and policy) to meet their Source-to-Pay objectives.
- Contributing to a global Basware Business Consulting community; Acting as a thought leader in improving and developing new tools, methodologies and best practices.
- Contributing to the public domain and discourse in a variety of ways – research papers or blogs, webinars, public speaking events or collaboration with industry networks.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Have broad knowledge of Source-to-Pay or financial supply chain processes and concepts.
- Demonstrate competency strengths in two or more of these areas: Strategic Sourcing; Operative Procurement; Strategic Procurement; Accounts Payable; Shared Services; VAT and Tax Regulations; Compliance and Controls; Accounting; Cash Management and/or Change Management
- Understand the fundamentals of enterprise applications. Knowledge in two or more ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle Financials, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics is an advantage.
- Understand the fundamentals of Analytics / Business Intelligence solutions and using data to reach outcomes.
- Thoroughly understand customer needs and the value proposition of cloud-based (Basware) solutions.
- Have the ability to approach solution design holistically from end to end.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Have excellent presentation skills with a capability of leveraging business terms to relay solutions simply.
- Demonstrated focus on client success and client experience
- Self-motivated; consistently demonstrates the drive to meet and exceed commitments, both internal and external.
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to servant leadership.
- Ability to interact at an executive level within the company and with clients
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail
- Focus on execution
- Ability to excel both operationally and strategically
- Excellent communication skills
- Purchase-to-Pay knowledge preferred
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or equivalent program, Masters preferred.
- 5+ years of design, implementation, and/or consulting experience with P2P business applications or systems architecture or experience in Source-to-Pay operations, consulting or technology/software pre-sales.
- Be able to travel (expect at least 50% of your time)