Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
The marketplace is evolving. Customer and employee expectations are changing. What worked yesterday may not work as well tomorrow. Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals help companies stay ahead of the game with bold thinking, big ideas and progressive strategies.
As today's organizations grow, processes and operating models that were once successful can become cumbersome and inefficient. The rapid pace of change in technology, customer expectations, staffing and other business factors can lead to stagnating profit growth and insufficient ROI. The key is to get the most from limited resources. Our deep industry experience and knowledge of organizational and operational functions and priorities can help clients develop and implement strategies that achieve the transformation they need.
Business Change Enablement (BCE) Manager
Business Change Enablement (BCE) is a key capability within our Operations Transformation service line. BCE managers work within a dynamic group of consulting professionals to enable the change and value that companies seek during times of transformation. BCE’s role is to provide our clients with structured governance, program/project leadership, process optimization and organizational change management leadership with an emphasis on value realization.
Our managers serve as trusted advisors to our clients, take the lead on project work streams with medium to high complexity, working closely with experienced leaders on more complex engagements. They work hand-in-hand with our senior leaders, tackling complex issues and guaranteeing project timelines and deliverables are successfully achieved. Managers are expected to oversee the work of more junior resources including providing coaching and feedback.
Our client engagement opportunities include, but are not limited to: complex program governance and management, process Improvement, large-scale technology implementations, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate transformations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Foundational knowledge of data analytics, ability to analyze large sets of data to critically assess risks, identify opportunities, and professionally communicate findings to help clients better measure and manage their businesses.
- Ability to quickly create a foundational understanding of client operations, risks, working style, and corporate drivers, and adapt to clients’ unique cultural styles to drive project success.
- Ability to identify opportunities and take action to drive project value realization and enable a positive client experience.
- Ability to lead project management activities, including planning, budgeting, resource allocation, and risk mitigation to ensure project and client expectations are understood and met.
- Awareness of and a willingness to learn and apply Six Sigma, Lean and other performance improvement concepts to address client challenges.
- Ability to think independently, maintain a professional demeanor, and work effectively in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented self-starter who will proactively tackle project challenges, seek guidance as necessary, and ensure successful on-time completion of identified or assigned tasks in high-pressure environments.
- Demonstrated ability to listen actively, comprehend without judgment, and extract relevant information through conversations and interviews.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and confidently communicate and connect across all levels of an organization, adjusting work and communication styles as needed.
- Ability to effectively present information to large groups and facilitate a variety of meetings to include, but not limited to: routine project meetings and client workshops including problem solving, requirements gathering, and process redesign sessions.
- Actively support service line leadership with business development efforts including drafting proposals and responses to requests for information, and participating in business development interactions with prospects and clients.
- Support service line leadership with BCE practice and talent development efforts, including taking on responsibilities to lead or guide others in these efforts.
- Support business development activities to include identifying opportunities, collateral preparation, and supporting client meetings as needed
- Lead and encourage others informally as a mentor and formally through our performance management process, investing in their development and providing meaningful, timely, and balanced feedback to address performance issues in real-time and motivate others to reach their full potential.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Communications, Finance, Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or other relevant degree required.
- Five to 8 years of related work experience required.
- At least 4 years of consulting experience at a similar firm preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in one or more areas of program/project management, process improvement, and/or organizational change management.
- Experience in culture awareness, communications planning and/or execution, stakeholder engagement, job role design, training planning and/or execution, or other related areas.
- Change management, program management, financial, accounting, process improvement or other relevant certifications preferred (Prosci, La Marsh, PMP, Lean, Six Sigma, CPP, CPA, etc).
- Exposure to assisting with business development activities to include go-to-market strategies, the proposal response lifecycle and supporting client meetings as necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, and Project).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel (approx. 80%) on short notice and work additional hours as necessary.