The Business Banking Operations Underwriter Portfolio Manager II will be responsible for reviewing, underwriting, and recommending for approval loan requests that adhere to Citizens Bank credit policy and procedures. Underwriting and decision making should be based on sound credit, bank's risk culture, financial analysis, risk evaluation and mitigation and proper loan structuring. The role is responsible for underwriting and recommending with set Service Level Agreements while meeting all production requirements.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Independently interact with Senior Management, Sales colleagues, Credit Product Managers, and SBA colleagues to discuss and resolve credit and risk related issues. The role requires independent review/ spreading of financials, proposing loan structure, collateral analysis, and standard due diligence for all loan requests.
- Specific tasks may include: Produce a high quality, concise, thoughtful credit proposal on a timely basis with analysis and documentation sufficient for the risk level to included understanding financial statement causation factors and the borrower's ability to repay, sponsor/guarantor analyses, being able to readily explain risk ratings, being able to accurately identify policy exceptions, special approval items, underwriting guidance variances, and risks/mitigants.
- Evaluate appropriateness of loan structure; work with RM and CPM/ CCA as needed to meet client needs while ensuring Bank's credit risk profiles are maintained.
- Provide loan decisions and/or credit recommendations based on a review of all underwriting criteria, including appropriate level of financial analysis, loan structure, collateral, and specific due diligence conditions requirement for final approval.
- Actively and effectively manage multiple clients and transactions in a high-paced environment to meet defined SLA's and production expectations as measured by goal setting metrics' production commensurate with type & complexity of underwriting package
- 3-5 years of direct lending experience and exhibited competency in various aspects of commercial lending /portfolio management including financial spreading and analysis, credit structuring, collateral analysis, understanding and applying credit policy, and credit monitoring and risk administration practices.
- Must demonstrate practical and conceptual knowledge of credit and risk analysis. Equivalent work experience may be considered as an alternative to formal degree program completion.
- General knowledge and understand of financial modeling and the ability to structure credit in modeling environment. Able to assist PM's in general portfolio management – including financial modeling, completion of Appendix I, covenant testing.
- Exhibits competency at independently reaching conclusions and forms clear view of credit structure and business risk to Bank.
- Good understanding of industry nuances applicable to the credits reviewed.
- General knowledge of loan and related legal documents.
- Strong communication skills; and ability to influence others by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas to gain commitment and agreement for proposed ideas and solutions.