The location for this position can be anywhere in the Huntington footprint.
The Underwriter IV role is designated for those underwriters with the greatest responsibility for the most complex business loan relationships, and those with the highest credit exposure within the business segment.
- Responsible for the evaluation and underwriting of Business Banking loans to determine credit worthiness and compliance to Huntington lending policy.
- Reviews and analyzes all customer financial information to ensure sound credit decisions are made.
- Effectively communicates and acts as a liaison to internal customers to resolve business lending issues.
- Completes decisions in a timely manner.
- Maintains knowledge of Huntington lending policies, risk rating requirements and compliance standards.
- Provides coaching and guidance to bankers in the field regarding sound lending practices and managing credit risk.
- Assists with organizing workflow for designated group and coordinates the successful completion of projects as assigned.
- Provides management team with mentorship support for other underwriters or credit analysts within designated group.
- Participates in setting team goals and assists the manager in the work reviews for others within the designated team.
- Periodically may participate in market visits or client calls as necessary.
- Must be capable of working independently on larger, complex credit requests.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 7 years' experience analyzing and/or underwriting loans for business/commercial clients
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to write in a concise, logical manner to clearly document transactions risks and mitigants
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Formal credit training
- Excellent customer service skills, highly motivated, focused and goal oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including professional grammar and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, planning and follow-up
- Ability to build and expand quality internal and external customer relationships
- Microsoft Office Suites (excel, pp, word)