As an account executive, you will establish and maintain a "trusted advisor" relationship with clients based on knowledgeable advice that is aligned to the clients' business objectives. You'll need to develop and grow new business and relationships with prospects. How will you drive financial performance? Through profitable revenue and growth, and quality credit. This role covers new and existing clients of a complex nature with business portfolios from $5 to $50 million in revenue.
- Achieve individual annual production and growth goals for loans, deposits and fees. This will ensure the bank meets its overall financial targets and conforms to credit terms.
- Initiate and develop new business through outside business development activities.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of client's needs, based on the review and analysis of personal and business financial data gathered through relationship reviews and personal meetings.
- Participates in ongoing relationship reviews with all clients.
- Actively participate in community organizations to source business development opportunities and demonstrates Umpqua's commitment to the local community
- Build client referral pipeline.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of products and services as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products. Proactively promote and cross-market bank products and services, and keep client informed of special promotions.
- Consistently partner with other internal business partners to uncover opportunities to deepen the client relationship.
- Responsible for credit and deposit needs for commercial banking and commercial real estate investment customers involved in ownership and/or operation of businesses or who invest in or develop real estate.
- Make decisions on loans and terms within established lending limits, or refer these issues to next appropriate level of authority. Analyze credit to determine the ability of customers and prospective customers to qualify for ensuing borrowing requirements.
- Follow-up on current loans to ensure compliance with internal procedures and other required terms.
- Study industrial, commercial, economic and financial situations relating to new or existing business.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- Bachelor's Degree in business related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant commercial lending experience and/or prior experience as a commercial credit underwriter.
- Extremely strong relationship management and business development abilities, analytical and problem-solving skills, strong sales skills, and credit and credit quality skills.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial C&I bank products and services that result in successfully capitalizing on all opportunities to cross-sell the bank's products.
- Proven track record of success and skills in developing new clients and business, including prospecting, sourcing and networking.
- Strong credit analysis and commercial underwriting skills, including accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis experience.
- Knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Strong technical credit expertise.
- Partners effectively with credit officers.
- Strong knowledge of bank's risk-rating system, credit products and underwriting policies.
- Working knowledge with structuring credit products for small and medium size businesses in diverse industries.
- Limited experience with asset-based lending, capital structure finance and trade finance.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- occasional walking
- lifting up to 10 pounds.