The objective of this position is to develop small business, professional and depository entity relationships with companies with annual revenue of $2-$20 million. The Senior Small Business and Relationship Banker will generate new sales opportunities through the acquisition of new clients by networking, aggressive calling and working with internal and external partners to generate $10 million in annual deposit growth $7-$10 million in commercial loan growth, following prescribed client onboarding processes and delivering all personal and commercial needs of the client through a strong needs-based sales approach.
The Senior Small Business and Relationship Banker will identify new business opportunities and work cross functionally with key stakeholders, inclusive of the retail branch management team, cash management, investment and product teams to deliver appropriate bank products and services and execute on strong retention protocols. This position will demand and indepth knowledge of Investors Bank's footprint, industry preference, customer service standards, current market conditions and expertise in all bank products and services, including deposits, lending products, cash management products.
Support branch calling teams within assigned market and work collaboratively with all bank business lines to achieve bankwide business goals.
- Work independently to identify, explore and acquire potential new Customers by prospecting and networking with businesses and COI's. Formulate and execute strategies to generate new low cost business/personal deposits and business loans. Develop and present relevant business proposals to acquire new relationships with new Customers and/or prospects.
- Build maintain and/or grow relationships with existing Customers:
- Builds relationships by visiting prospective Customers within assigned Market.
- Analyzes opportunity of potential relationships balancing Customer needs/goals with Business needs/goals, evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; examining risks and potentials.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating requirements with internal partners.
- Manage production and record transactions on booked business.
- Update pipeline and production reports weekly and/or monthly.
- Update and maintain all Customer records, transactions, etc using 360, Aperio, and Signature. Complete file maintenance via computer as needed.
- Maintain a strong risk management perspective, including execution of all appropriate BSA /KYC/CDD processes and procedures in the opening of all deposit and credit accounts.
Business Banker (Queens)
Full Time/Part Time
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent Sales/Relationship Management experience with 8 plus years of banking/finance experience is required.
- Applicants must have completed a formal credit training program and possess knowledge of commercial loan structures.
- Applicants must have superior written and verbal communication skills and a proficiency in Microsoft software including Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (knowledge of Microsoft Access is not required).
- Applicant must be willing to adapt to schedule changes and willing to travel to client and bank event locations as well as attend after-hours business functions.